Shake up Mexican night with this recipe for The Best Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas. It’s full of bold flavors, tender veggies, and juicy chicken – all in the slow cooker. You will never want to make it any other way!
A Recipe You Can Make Your Own
Fajitas are such a versatile meal. You make the basics in your slow cooker and they can be served however you like! Traditionally they are enjoyed on flour tortillas with a variety of toppings but sometimes I like to use crunchy taco shells or serve it over rice. There’s no wrong answer!
These chicken fajitas are full of flavor. You get smokey from the cumin and bold from the chili powder, similar to taco seasoning! There’s no real kick even though there are tomatoes with green chiles in there, too. I like to add spicy toppings to take it up a notch. This way, since my kids like to keep theirs mild, we can all enjoy this meal.
Not in the mood for chicken? Try this recipe with steak or pork instead!
How to Make This Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas Recipe
Once the veggies are prepped, it all gets added to your slow cooker or crockpot. Then, you set it and forget it. It’s the perfect easy meal that you can make on the weekend after a long and busy week. After your chicken fajitas are cooked, you are ready to enjoy them!
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
- chicken breast – Boneless and skinless is best and they don’t have to be cut before cooking. You may also use chicken thighs if you prefer.
- chili powder
- ground cumin
- black pepper
- dried oregano
- garlic – Minced
- yellow onion – Slice into very thin strips.
- red bell pepper – Cut into strips.
- green bell pepper – Cut into strips.
- yellow bell pepper – Cut into strips.
- diced tomatoes with green chiles – No need to drain these! They come in a variety of flavors and heat levels so just choose your favorite!
Instructions for Slow Cooker Fajitas
Add your chicken breasts to the bottom of the slow cooker.
Combine your spices in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the chicken.
Mince the garlic cloves and cut the peppers and onions. Add all of these to the slow cooker.
Pour the can of tomatoes with chiles over the seasoned chicken and veggies.
Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-6 hours.
Tip: Use a thermometer and make sure the chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Remove the cooked chicken from the pot and slice into strips.
Remove the veggies and combine them with the sliced chicken.
Serve on tortillas with your favorite toppings!
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
The Best Toppings for Chicken Fajitas
- Sour cream
- Lime juice
- Sliced jalapenos
- Shredded cheese
- Hot sauce
Can I make this recipe ahead of time
You can prep the ingredients for your Chicken Fajita Recipe ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator until you’re ready to cook. Simply add everything to the slow cooker and let it cook low and slow for a delicious and easy meal.
Can I double this recipe to feed a crowd
Absolutely! You can easily double or even triple this recipe to feed a crowd. Just make sure you have a slow cooker big enough to hold everything, and adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Is this recipe kid-friendly
Yes! Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas are a great option for picky eaters because they can choose their own toppings and customize their fajitas to their liking. Plus, it’s a fun and interactive meal that the whole family can enjoy together.
More Easy Chicken Dinner Recipes
- This recipe for Grilled Chicken Kabobs is perfect for a hot day so you can skip turning on the oven.
- Cooking in the air fryer is quick and easy, too. Check out how to make the best Air Fryer Chicken Breasts.
- Quick & Easy Cream Slow Cooker Chicken is another crockpot family favorite!
- We love this recipe for Easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole as a fun twist on a classic dish.
- Try this kid-friendly recipe for crispy Air Fryer Chicken Tenderloins. It’s great for picky eaters.
- You have to try this air fryer fried chicken recipe, it is soooo good.
- Looking for some chicken wrap ideas? We got em!
Let us know if you like these Chicken Fajitas in the crockpot. What are your favorite toppings?
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- 12 fajita size tortillas
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour cream
- Add chicken to slow cooker
- Combine spices in small bowl
- Sprinkle spices, salt and pepper over chicken
- Add minced garlic
- Cut onion and peppers and add to slow cooker
- Pour tomatoes over vegetables and chicken
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and cut into strips
- Remove vegetables and combine with chicken
- Serve with tortillas and your favorite toppings
- Store leftovers in refrigerator
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 555Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 134mgSodium: 934mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 56g