Instantly download & print the 4 versions of our fall coloring pages below. These fun printable pages are beautiful fall coloring pictures featuring fall leaves and the word “fall”.
Kids of all ages will enjoy this fun way to enjoy these autumn coloring sheets that fully celebrates fall and the fall season and are a great option for entertainment on a fall day.
Celebrate the change of seasons with 4 free printable fall leaf coloring pages that kids will love.
Free Printable Fall Coloring Pages
Download & print each autumn themed coloring page:
- letters “fall” among a big pile of leaves
- dog frolicking in a deep pile of fall leaves
- not-so-scary scarecrow standing alert among sunflowers
- fall activity checklist filled with childhood memory-making fun
And if you are looking for other fall coloring pages for kids of any age from toddlers, preschool, kindergarten and older kids…even adults, keep reading because we have included a BIG resource list of the best fall coloring pages at the end of this article.
In fact, these fall printables are among our most popular coloring pages pinned on Pinterest. Each autumn families and classrooms print and create together with these popular printables.
This article contains affiliate links.
Fall Leaves Coloring Pages
These free fall coloring pages are easy to print, color, and turn into colorful masterpieces!
You can download the coloring pages, just click on the orange button below these instructions to grab your free set of fall coloring sheets!
Download & Print Free Printable Fall Coloring Pages pdf Files Here
We have multiple fall coloring pages that you can download and enjoy with your kids. The DIY Activity list is a great way to have your children help create your fall bucket list!
How We Decorated Our Cute Fall Coloring Pages
We grabbed our coloring page supply list. OK, there are some non-traditional art supplies on our list.
Let me explain the method behind our coloring madness just a bit more…
To decorate fall coloring pages…
Craft Supplies We Used for Printable Fall Coloring Pages
Seeds & Spices We Used to Embellish the Fall Leaves
Using spices for art?!
You can just grab what you have on hand.
We will explain what the spices are for later.
How to Decorate Fall Coloring Sheets
Next, I let the kids color their fall coloring pages.
We tried different techniques to give the leaves color and dimension. Below, you can see what crayon and marker look like.
Crayon Resist Marker Coloring Technique
- First we traced along the veins of the autumn leaves with crayon, talking about the importance of veins not just for us humans, but for leaves and plants, too!
- Then, we used marker to color the rest of the leaf. This technique is called crayon resist, because the marker resists the crayon, so the veins of the leaves seem to pop out.
Crayon Resist Art Watercolor Technique for Coloring Pages
My daughter did the same crayon resist technique, but used watercolor paints, instead of marker.
The results were fabulous!
The different shades of the watercolors give the leaves even more dimension.
Harvest Fall Coloring Pages for Kids
After the kids colored the leaves a variety of fall harvest colors, we filled in the letters with glue, and poured mustard seeds over the word “fall”, to add texture and make it stand out!
This led to a really interesting discussion of texture in artwork, and how it can really add to a piece of art.
Sensory Crafts with Free Fall Coloring Pages
After the fun of the texture lesson, and the fact that it added to the sense of “touch” in this activity, we decided to take it to the next level, including the sense of smell!
We headed back into the cupboards to pick out some yummy fall spices.
Adding Fall Scents to Our Coloring Page Art
- Other spices and smells to consider are cloves and cinnamon.
- Even peppercorns could add dimension, and would be something a little different!
Just be careful, and maybe wear disposable gloves (wash hands well before touching face or hands, after!).
Educational Play and Learning with Fall Coloring Pages
Add more fun and creativity to coloring time by seeking ways to add dimension to your picture!
In addition to coating pictures with seeds, our girls also love sprinkling their pictures with glitter, or painting over the coloring page with a dark color to make the crayon “pop” out.
Big kids can find a creative way to integrate the colors of the changing seasons into the autumn coloring pages.
Fine Motor Skill Development with Simple Art Techniques
Coloring is a great way to work on fine motor skills. Not only staying inside the lines, but also squeezing glue to fill the letters, and then sprinkling the seeds, so as to not waste them, all help our girls work develop skills they will need for writing!
Next time try these variation ideas:
- Print these printables on cardstock, to keep the shapes more firm so that you can have more options to make fall decorations out of your creations!
- We love to take advantage of free leaf printables on cardstock, so that we can cut them out, and use balled up pieces of tissue paper in fall colors to decorate the leaves.
- Next, just punch a hole in one end, and string a DIY fall harvest garland!
- Markers, watercolor paints and crayons
- Seeds & spices: mustard seeds, pumpkin pie spice, apple pie seasoning
- Download and print a fall coloring page.
- Using a crayon, trace the veins and outlines of fall leaves and lettering details.
- Using watercolor paints, paint over the crayon outlines and details.
- Add marker outlines or details as desired.
- Apply glue to areas that need texture and additional coloring and then sprinkle spices and seeds on top.
More FREE Fall Coloring Sheets from Kids Activities Blog
- Autumn leaf coloring pages
- Want more color sheets for fall? You’ll love these cute fall coloring pages.
- These fall tree coloring pages are amazing!
- Keep your little one busy with these fall printables for kids.
- Download and print this picture based fall scavenger hunt.
- Acorn coloring pages are autumn cuteness at its best!
- Color this really cool zentangle turkey pattern which makes a great adult coloring page.
- P is for Pumpkin coloring page is great for letter learning or just awesome autumn fun.
Happy coloring! How did you color or decorate your fall coloring pages? Did you do one of the crayon resist techniques or use seeds and spices? Tell us in the comments below!