Grab a sippy cup and your toddler’s favorite stuffed animal because your kid will be able to be the boss of their own workstation at home… or at least, pretend to be.
With quarantine, we are always looking for engaging activities for kids at home to keep them learning and having fun. And with Fisher Price’s My Home Office playset, your toddler will use be using imagination to explore a whole new world!
This article contains affiliate links.
This toy set will kick-start your child’s imagination by pretending to be an adult, without bills and all the boring parts.
With Fisher Price My Home Office toy set, little ones from ages 3 and up can pretend to learn recipes, have online meetings, workout, receive phone calls and snap pretend photos of their pets, just like mom and dad that are working from home!
Fisher-Price’s pretend playset includes a laptop, fabric apps to attach to the computer screen, a smartphone, a headset, and a to-go cup, all of them fake, except for the cup, because we know kids need their favorite juice to start their day.
You don’t have to look for this play set, because we have the link for you right here.
Don’t leave your toddler waiting! Get Fisher-Price’s My Home Office playset before they sell out (and they will!)
Why is pretend play important for toddlers?
Pretend play is an important preschool skill to practice as it gives kids a chance to talk and play their way through real-life scenarios. It’s great for discussions, vocabulary building, imagination development, and more!
Young children learn by imagining and doing. Sometimes, children like using an object to represent something else, like acting like a dog or a car. The process of pretending builds skills in many essential developmental areas, for example language, social, emotional and thinking skills.
When I was a kid, I remember I was obsessed with animals and dreamed of the day I could become a veterinarian. And although I didn’t chase that dream, I’m still obsessed with animals. That’s why we made this veterinarian pretend play printable! It’s perfect for kids who love animals like I did!
We also have pretend play doctor printables for kids who already know they want to become doctors.
Here are more fun activities for children at home:
- Kids at home? Here are 6 fun things to keep them busy!
- Watch your kid’s imagination run wild with exciting pretend games.
- Check out these 20 fun pretending games to ignite imagination.
- This kit will let your kid pretend to be a doctor for a day.
- Have a creative afternoon with this puppet play pretend craft!
- Pretend parties are a thing, and pretend birthday cakes are perfect for those occasions!
- Who knew paper bags could be so much fun? Try these paper bag ideas next time you find one!
- Yuck! Learn how to make fake snot.
- Kids can pretend to be an astronaut with this cool dock to the iss simulator.
- Check out these 15 fantastic playdough ideas for toddlers that you can make at home.
- Make every day a celebration with this fun and edible play dough birthday cake!
- Learn how to make outer space playdough with ingredients you already own.
- Learn about dinosaurs while having fun with these 7 dinosaur activities.
- Learn how to make a train out of cardboard boxes in 3 easy steps.
- This free printable wallet will help your kids practice money skills in a fun way.