Camp Fire Food: Fruit & Smore Cones
These fruit smore cones are super good and perfect for camping, summer, or just because. Your whole family will love these s’more cones. It’s an easy and more mess free way to enjoy s’mores. Plus it has fruit…makes it kind of healthy right? No? Well, I tried, these smore cones are still delicious and will quickly be a family favorite.
Camp Fire Food: Fruit & Smore Cones
One of my favorite things about camping is the food. Food cooked on a fire tastes so much better than the “everyday” food we make at home! A couple of weekends ago we went on a camping trip as a family – it was wonderful!
Other than my kids catching their first fish (I think they trained the fish at that campground to come when they see a fishing pole – we caught 5 in half an hour!), the highlight of our trip were campfire cones that we made.
These “Camp Fire Food: Fruit & Smore Cones” were so yummy, a fun fruit hack, and are super easy to make!
Related: We have even more campfire recipes!
This post contains affiliate links.
Supplies Needed To Make These Fruity Smore Cones
- Chopped Fruit. The kids chose strawberries and bananas – but I bet any berries, even tart apples, would be perfect!
- Chocolate Chips. We used semi-dark, chocolate chips – love the extra antioxidants.
- Waffle Ice-Cream Cones. Unfortunately, not any ice cream cone will work – we tried 🙂 I’d love to experiment with waffle bowls next time.
- Tin Foil. To wrap your cone once you have it stuffed to capacity.
How To Make These Delicious Fruit Smore Cones
First, we chopped our fruit into smaller, more manageable bits.
Then, we mixed all of our ingredients (the fruit, marshmallows, chocolate, etc.) together into a metal bowl.
We wrapped the cones in foil and the kids had fun stuffing the waffle cones till they were brimming and overflowing!
Then we folded the foil over the top and laid them over the fire, once the coals had turned gray.
We rotated our Fruit and S’more Campfire Cones a couple of times.
In about 5-7 minutes they were ready to eat!
Related: Try these yummy homemade marshmallows in your next s’mores!
Our Experience With These Delicious Fruit Smore Cones
The kids ate their cones as you would ice cream (just digging their faces in), while hubs and I preferred a spoon – this is a very gooey treat!
Other variations we hope to try in the future include using Caramel bits and apple slices, or adding toffee, or another favorite candy bar chopped into bits.
Delicious Fruit and S'more Cone Recipe
These s'more cones are so good and this s'more cone recipe is budget-friendly and easy to make. This s'more recipe is full of marshmallow, chocolate, and fruit!
- Chopped Fruit
- Mini Marshmallows
- Chocolate Chips
- Waffle Ice Cream Cones
- Tin Foil
- First, we chopped our fruit into smaller, more manageable bits.
- Then, we mixed all of our ingredients (the fruit, marshmallows, chocolate, etc.) together into a metal bowl.
- We wrapped the cones in foil and the kids had fun stuffing the waffle cones till they were brimming and overflowing!
- Then we folded the foil over the top and laid them over the fire, once the coals had turned gray.
- We rotated our Fruit and S’more Campfire Cones a couple of times.
- In about 5-7 minutes they were ready to eat!
More Smore Recipes You’ll Enjoy From Kids Activities Blog
- Try these super easy five ingredient s’more bars!
- Learn to make s’mores in the oven.
- Did you know you can make s’mores in the microwave?
- You can also make s’mores in the air fryer.
- I love these upside cookie s’mores.
- How delicious is this s’mores bark?
- Enjoy an outdoor movie with s’mores.
- Wow! Costco is selling pre-made s’more squares.
- My mouth is watering over this sugar cookie s’more dessert pizza.
- Grab your cast iron and try this cast iron s’more recipe!
Leave a comment: What would you put in your cone??