Indoor forts can be temporary fun for an afternoon or built to last a little longer for hours and hours of fun. Kids of all ages will love to use them for sleepovers with friends, reading nooks, or camping out in the safety and warmth of the living room with the whole family. When the weather outside is frightful, your kids will see you as the coolest parent ever when you help them to build a fort!
Indoor Forts For Kids
These indoor forts are amazing. Some are easy ones you can build from things you have at home or in the classroom and others are ones you can purchase. Regardless, these indoor forts are so much fun.
Have some quiet play, inspire creativity and imagination, and promote pretend play with these indoor forts! Kids of all ages like toddlers, preschoolers, even kindergarten kids will love these super awesome indoor forts.
This post contains affiliate links.
Related: Checkout these 25 Awesome Indoor Playhouses For Little Dreamers.
Indoor Forts for Kids With Cabin Fever
1. Wrapping Paper Indoor Fort
This wrapping paper fort is colorful and easy and definitely one of my favorites!
2. Ikea Furniture Indoor Fort
Make an indoor fort, a castle or a playhouse using Ikea furniture! How cool?!
3. Pool Noodle and Duct Tape Indoor Fort Idea
Pool noodles and duct tape are the basic building blocks of this indoor fort.
5. Awesome Newspaper Indoor Fort
This newspaper fort is terribly clever – so smart! I love this, because you can recycle some old newspapers. I know I tend to let the newspaper to pile up on the counter.
6. Indoor Fort Kit
What kid wouldn’t love receiving this gift of an indoor fort kit? My kids would love getting this.
7. Build An Indoor Fort Using Tension Rods
Tension rods are perfect for creating a sweet, little indoor fort.
8. Simple and Delightful Cardboard Box Indoor Fort
Cardboard boxes still delight kids everywhere and make an indoor fort they’ll love.
9. Awesome Cardboard Indoor Fort Ideas
You’ll also want to check out this simple cardboard box fort.
10. Clever PVC Pipe Indoor Fort
What a clever use of PVC pipe in this fun space for kids.
11. Bed Sheet and Fan Indoor Fort Idea
This fort is nothing but a bed sheet and a fan! Wow!
12. Basic Indoor Blanket Fort
Get the basics of helping kids create an indoor blanket fort they don’t have to take down right away.
13. Use Light Fixtures To Build An Indoor Fort
Don’t overlook light fixtures when you’re creating the foundation for a fort.
14. Bunk Bed Indoor Fort
Bunk beds couldn’t be more perfect for fort building!
15. Shower Curtain Indoor Fort Idea
A simple shower curtain tension rod can do wonders for an indoor fort.
16. Ikea Fabric Panels Indoor Fort
Ikea fabric panels make up this little cute hideaway for kids.
17. Long Lasting Indoor Fort Idea
If you’d like to offer your kids a more long lasting space to play, this idea is perfect.
18. Kitchen Table Indoor Fort
Put this over your kitchen table to make a really fun fort that is easy to pick up when you’re done!
19. Build An Indoor Igloo Fort
Build an indoor igloo out of old milk cartons. So cool!
20. Hula Hoop Indoor Fort
Use a hula-hoop to make this really beautiful indoor fort.
21. Clothespin and String Indoor Fort
Clothespins and string make this fort easy enough to put up and take down.
22. Huge Cardboard Indoor Fort Idea
You’ll definitely be inspired by this huge indoor fort made of cardboard.
23. Super Fun Indoor Fort For Kids
Kids will absolutely light up when you help them create this fun fort.
24. Drapery Panel Indoor Fort Tutorial
Put your old drapery panels to good use with this fort tutorial.
25. Cozy King Sized Duvet Indoor Fort
A king sized duvet can transform into a cozy indoor fort for kids.
26. Firefighter Indoor Fort
A folding card table (almost) magically becomes a little firefighters dream fort.
Some Of Our Favorite Indoor Forts That You Can Buy
Don’t have a lot of extra blankets and pillows to build an indoor fort? No problem! You can buy these awesome indoor fort kits to build the biggest and bestest indoor forts for your kids!
- Ultimate Fort Builder Kit For Kids 4-8
- Skywin Air Tent- Large Inflatable Mermaid Playhouse
- Make-A- Fort Building Kit
- Glow In The Dark Kids Fort Building Kit
- Love Tree Large Portable Children’s Tent
- Minecraft Explorer Kit- Build An Indoor Minecraft House
- Mindware Camper Playhouse Indoor Fort For Kids
- Hanging Indoor Play Tent Swing
- White Rocket Ship Play Pop Up Indoor Tent For Kids
- Big Tree Indoor Fort Kit With Working Door and Windows
- Check out this inflatable fort from Amazon!
More Great Fort and Playhouse Ideas From Kids Activities Blog
- These rubber connectors can help you build a fort out of sticks.
- Amazon is selling a wheelchair accessible playhouse.
- We have 24 great outdoor playhouse ideas!
- This happy camper playhouse is adorable!
- You will not believe these epic playhouses!
- This playhouse teaches kids about recycling and saving the environment.
- You can get your kids a Nerf playhouse… perfect for Nerf wars!
- Costco is selling a Hobbit-inspired playhouse and it’s perfect for kids!
- Costco is selling a Frozen playhouse and your kids need one!
Which indoor fort will you be building? I think the sheet and fan indoor fort is the easiest to build!