A mom recently shared her hack for potty training while out and about, and it’s absolutely genius.
As parents, we’ve all been there. We take our recently potty-trained child out to the store or to the park and they suddenly need to go. It happens at the most inconvenient times, am I right?
But if you bring a mini port-a-potty with you, as mom Amanda Sallaska suggests via One Little Project, it becomes a whole lot less stressful for both you and your kiddo.
How to Create a Mini Port-a-Potty for Potty Training on the Go
A must-have when potty training is a little car potty that you stash away in the trunk from trips out of the house. But — I can say from experience — this can get… well, messy.
After your kiddo goes, you either need to find a way to dispose of the waste, or close the potty up and risk it spilling on the drive home.
Amanda Sallaska has an easy fix: insert a pull-up into the bowl part of the mini potty. That way when your kiddo needs to go, no matter where you are, it’s significantly easier to clean up. Bags can also be added to the mini toilet, but bags don’t often fit as well and can sometimes make an even bigger mess.
Using a pull-up in the mini potty makes toilet training on the go oh so much easier. I wish I had thought of this mom hack when I was potty training my own two little ones!
Need some extra help with potty training your kiddo? You can also schedule call from their favorite Disney character! They’ll cheer your child on, which can be super encouraging.
Need More Potty Training Help?
- Your little one can get a little encouragement while potty training with the call Mickey Mouse app.
- How should you handle your potty trained toddler wetting the bed?
- Check out our tips for toilet training special needs children.
- Make going to the potty fun with these games to play while potty training.
- Believe it or not, a Christmas character can help aid with potty training. These Elf on the shelf potty ideas are sure to help inspire your little one.
- Are you potty training your strong willed child? We have tips and advice that can help.
- Here are 8 awesome tips from a potty training mom who has been there!
- What do you do it your kid won t potty train?
- Are they even ready to potty train?
- We have 15 tips on how to do night time potty training that will help make nights go a little smoother.
- Potty training? Why not throw a potty training party?
- Here are all the potty training tools you will need to help your child succeed!
- Don’t know where to start with potty training? Check out this potty training guide!
- Let us help you put together a potty training kit to make life a little easier
- Is it time to just say no to potty training?