- Try letting him run around in a long tee shirt without pants.
- Have a potty training weekend, where all that you focus on that weekend is using the potty.
- Try potty training outside when it is nice out. Take your potty outside and work on it while you play. This will make cleanup a breeze, too. My sister in law did this.
- After he masters using the potty, start teaching him to wear pants and be okay with it. This is definitely one of the hardest steps.
- You can start young and potty train from 18 months and up.
- Go cold turkey and get rid of the diapers. Give them to the diaper fair (like the tooth fairy, but she takes diapers and leaves underwear).
- If you flip back and forth it is very confusing for kids. Have some books by the potty for him to read when he is sitting there.
- Use a sticker chart and keep it right by the potty so he has the visual.
- Watch for potty training signs. If he is not showing the signs, you may want to wait and try again in a month or so.
- Give your son an M&M every time he goes in the potty- it usually works well!
- Use the potty train in 3 days method- many people have had success with it!
- Go shopping for underwear and let him pick out what kind he likes for when he is ready.
- Stay positive! If you turn it into a negative experience, he will get frustrated.
Welcome to Kids Activities!
My name is Holly Homer & I am the Dallas mom of three boys…