These Old Trampolines Have Been Transformed into Outdoor Dens and I Need One
Old trampolines can be an eye sore. But they don’t have to be.
Take it from some parents, who didn’t throw their trampoline out. Instead, they decided to give their trampoline some sprucing up. They turned their trampolines into incredible and beautiful outdoor spaces.
Trampoline Ideas for Cool Backyards
These old trampolines turned comfy garden dens are absolutely perfect for Summer sleepovers and backyard camp outs.
Or, a cozy seating area for parents to relax after a long day and enjoy a glass of wine.
Related: Our experience with Springfree trampoline for kids
Or, just a fun place to hang out on a beautiful, warm day.
Or, a place to hide out from your kids, if you need a break. (Don’t worry, we won’t judge).
How to Transform Old Trampolines
Your kids may be tired of jumping on the trampoline, or maybe it’s just broken. Either way, keep it! With this DIY project, you just may be able to breathe new life into an unused or broken trampoline, and create something pretty darn awesome in the process.
1. DIY Trampoline Hide Away
This DIY project isn’t a massive project. In fact, all you need are a few items to decorate and make it comfortable and beautiful.
2. Create a Trampoline Fort
Hang curtains from the top bar to give the space some privacy. String up fairy lights to light up the “room” for evenings “out” in the yard. Last but not least, add in some comfy pillows and blankets to complete the space.
3. Turn that Trampoline Upside Down
Alternatively, if you want to get extra creative, turn that trampoline upside down. Seriously. We’re not kidding. That’s what mother Angela Ferdig did, and she turned something old into something new: a magical play fort space for her kids. She hung up curtains too, to give the space some privacy, and added a kid’s table and stools. Easy peasy, and I bet her kids absolutely love it.
4. Willow Domes Goes Secret Garden
I love this idea from Oxford Oak Blog which is to create a willow screen around a trampoline. It all reminds me of the book, The Secret Garden! I can’t wait to see what it looks like once summer is in full force…
5. The Perfect Outdoor Space For Summer
Whether you keep your old trampoline right side up or upside down, the decoration possibilities are endless! This is totally a DIY lockdown project we can get behind.
6. Trampoline Fairy House
I love this cute idea from Hill Country Homebody which is to create a fairy house on the trampoline for a special occasion…or just any day!
7. Underground Cave Trampolines
Be inspired by this cool idea from Vice to create a trampoline world. This one happens to be in the underground caves of Llechwedd caverns in Wales.
8. Add a Parachute Roof to Your Trampoline
This super cute idea comes from Rave and Review to add a parachute roof onto your trampoline.
9. Make a Trampoline Water Park
Check out this cool trampoline sprinkler pack to transform a regular trampoline into a trampoline water park!
10. Trampoline Light & Music Show
This cool product creates a full blown music show on your trampoline complete with LED light show!
Now the only question is: how will you decorate your old trampoline to create your own Summer backyard retreat?
MORE FUN THINGS TO DO WHILE YOU’RE STUCK AT HOME:
- Check out these kids education websites offering free subscriptions.
- Help your kids learn how to make bubbles at home!
- My kids are obsessed with these active indoor games.
- These crafts for kids are so fun and easy!
- Learn how to make headbands with buttons.
- Coloring is fun! Especially with Easter coloring pages.
- You won’t believe why parents are gluing pennies on shoes.
- Rawr! Here are some of our favorite dinosaur crafts.
- Get kids off technology and back to basics with learning worksheets you can print at home.
- Make being stuck at home fun with our favorite indoor games for kids.
- Have fun coloring our awesome Fortnite coloring pages.
- Your will love these fun halloween games for kids!
What was your favorite trampoline idea?