While parents everywhere are adapting to online schooling and eLearning, one teacher is going out of his way to help his students while still maintaining social distancing.
Dakota State Football Coach, Josh Anderson, shared the photo and story in a tweet.
When his daughter needed math help, she emailed her math teacher, Chris Waba. Waba happens to be neighbors with the Andersons and came up with an ingenious way to explain math concepts to his student.
He visited the Anderson’s house and set up on their porch with a white board. Anderson’s daughter stayed inside, on the other side of the glass, while Waba drew equations on the white board and she worked through the problems in her notebook.
As teachers adapt to various online learning methods, their devotion to helping their students learn and understand is not going unnoticed. It just takes a little creativity to keep things going.
My 6th grader emailed her math teacher for some help, so he came over & worked through the problem with her on our front porch. @Chriswaba9 , our neighbor, MMS teacher & MHS Wrestling Coach. #KidsFirst @MadisonMSNews @MarkOsports @dakotasportsnow @dakotanews_now @stwalter20 pic.twitter.com/aniqt2goPB
— Josh Anderson (@DakSt8Football) March 27, 2020
MORE FUN THINGS TO DO WHILE YOU’RE STUCK AT HOME:
- Check out these kids education websites offering free subscriptions.
- Help your kids learn how to make bubbles at home!
- My kids are obsessed with these active indoor games.
- 5 minute crafts are so fun and easy!
- Coloring is fun! Especially with Easter coloring pages.
- You won’t believe why parents are gluing pennies on shoes.
- Rawr! Here are some of our favorite dinosaur crafts.
- Get kids off technology and back to basics with learning worksheets you can print at home.
- Make being stuck at home fun with our favorite indoor games for kids.
- Have fun coloring our awesome Fortnite coloring pages.