Confetti can be super fun at an event, but many venues have stopped allowing it, due to the environmental impact, not to mention the cleaning. This do-it-yourself biodegradable leaf confetti is the perfect outside alternative! To make your own confetti, all you need are leaves and hole punches. Mother Nature will take care of the outside confetti cleanup for you!
Natural Confetti Options
Plastic and paper confetti isn’t environmentally friendly and typically not biodegradable. Confetti rice can be dangerous to birds and other animals. Even some of the more environmentally friendly options, like rose petals or bird seed, need to be cleaned up before they can cause damage in the longterm.
Leaf Confetti You Can Make
But what about making confetti with leaves from your local trees?
You can make all the environmentally friendly leaf confetti your heart desires!
This article contains affiliate links.
Supplies Needed for Making Leaf Confetti
How to Make Leaf Confetti
Just find the leaves that have fallen.
With a hole punch or shaped punch, punch out your shapes into a bowl or container.
Return the punched leaves back to where you found them so they can continue to decompose naturally.
Our Experience Making Leaf Confetti
It’s a great project with the kids too. Imagine all the different shapes you can make and colors you can find naturally on your walks. And don’t forget the fun of having a confetti fight in the yard afterwards, all while knowing Mother Nature approves.
Biodegradable Confetti You Can Buy
- This biodegradable party confetti is made of natural dried flower petals
- White/cream/ivory wedding confetti that is biodegradable and eco environmentally friendly made of tissue paper
- Check out this bright floral multicolored confetti biodegradable wedding confetti mix that makes for great party decorations and throwing send offs
- Try this 6 pack confetti cannon confetti poppers with biodegradable rainbow pack
- Fallen leaves
- Hole punch or shape punch like a heart shaped punch
- Container or bowl to hold the confetti until you use it
- Collect fallen leaves and make sure they are dry.
- With a hole or shape punch, punch out your confetti into a bowl or container.
- Return the punched leaves to where you found them so they can continue their decomposition.
More Wedding & Party Ideas from Kids activities Blog
- Costco cakes & how to do your wedding cake on an extreme budget
- Make paper punch lanterns for your next confetti event!
- Best party favors…we know!
- Unicorn party theme ideas you don’t want to miss!
- DIY escape room party that you can customize
- Paw Patrol birthday party ideas and decorations
- Harry Potter birthday party ideas and decorations
- Halloween games and party ideas for kids
- 5 year old birthday party ideas
- You will need confetti at your New Year party!
- Birthday party ideas – girls will love
- Fortnite birthday party ideas, supplies, games and food
- Baby Shark birthday party ideas we love
How did your leaf confetti turn out?