Let’s make a handprint Earth Day craft with kids! Kids of ages will love getting messy with this handprint Earth Day craft. This hand tree craft is so much fun to make, budget-friendly, and great whether you’re at home or in the classroom!
Hand Tree Craft
This handprint tree Earth Day craft is perfect for kids of all ages. Older kids can add more details to their trees such as painting fingers different colors, and using their fingerprints to add more details to their painting. This is a very inexpensive art project that everyone will love.
Make a handprint tree for every season and holiday too.
Handprint Earth Day craft
We will show you have to make this hand tree craft step by step.
This post contains an affiliate link.
Supplies needed to make a handprint tree
Instructions for making a handprint tree
Paint your arm with brown paint. Press it down onto the paper to make a tree trunk. Using the fingers of your other hand, press down on your painted arm to make sure all of the paint goes onto the paper.
Handprint tree craft tip: Make sure to wash your arm and hands when you are changing paint colors.
Paint your hand to make leaves and branches for your tree. Here are a few ideas for you:
- Paint your hand green and your thumb brown to make leaves and branches.
- Paint your hand with red, orange, green, and yellow paint to make fall leaves.
- Make a family tree by every family member using a different paint color to add their handprint to the tree.
Paint the ends of your fingers to add more details to your piece of art.
- Paint green grass around the base of the tree.
- Add pretty fingerprint flowers to your tree for spring.
- Paint fingerprint apples on your tree for fall.
Our finished handprint tree
- Card stock
- Paintbrush or foam brush
- Plastic containers or an artist palette
- Paint your arm with brown paint to and place it onto the paper. Press down to make a tree trunk.
- Paint your hand in green or assorted shades of green (you can add other fall colors too). Again, press your hand down above the trunk to create leaves and branches for your tree.
More Earth Day Fun from Kids Activities Blog
- More Earth Day crafts
- Make a paper tree craft for Earth Day
- Earth Day placemats that you can print and color
- Fun Earth Day crafts for kids
- Things to do on Earth Day
- Make a butterfly collage for Earth Day
- Online Earth Day activities for kids
- Check out these Earth Day quotes for kids
- Check our our wasteful activities – ways to teach kids not to be wasteful.
- The BIG set of Earth Day coloring pages for kids
Have you made handprint trees with your kids?