Let’s make Reindeer handprint art! We love holiday handprint projects because it doubles as a Christmas craft and then a treasured keepsake.
These Rudolph the Reindeer handprints would make really cute Christmas cards. These would also be cute combined with our reindeer Christmas party favors. Kids Activities Blog loves bringing our readers adorable craft ideas for kids.
Reindeer Handprint Christmas Craft
We are so excited for Christmas.
I really get into the holidays; I get completely carried away with the music, the snow, the movies, and the decorations.
I love telling Rory about Christmas, Santa, the works. She loves Rudolph, especially because her favorite toy is from Rudolph the Red nosed reindeer’s the Island of Misfit toys. Because of that, we have decided to make several Rudolph crafts this holiday season. These handprint reindeer make such cute cards, and they are so easy to make!
Materials needed for Rudolph Handprint Art:
- brown paint
- something for a red nose
- google eyes, or other kind of eyes
- markers to draw smiles
- brown construction paper
Homemade Reindeer Handprints
This is my favorite part. Also, the kids like this part too.
If you are able to direct the child to place their hands in exactly the right place to fashion reindeer antlers, then doing this on one piece of paper will work. But if you have a younger child or one that needs more help, using a separate piece of paper and then cutting out the handprints works GREAT!
How to Make Reindeer Handprints
- Paint both of your child’s hands brown.
- Have them place both hands on the paper and space them a little bit apart.
- Set it aside, and allow it to dry.
When they are dry you can now decorate!
Make a Reindeer Head out of Construction Paper
To decorate, cut a reindeer head out of a piece of brown construction paper. I made an oval and then cut the sides smaller, similar to the shape of a bowling pin so that it is smaller on top and larger on the bottom.
We drew on some eyes, a mouth, and used a big, puffy, sparkly, pom pom for Rudolph’s nose.
Her Mimi and Papa are going to love to get these reindeer in the mail…
More Holiday Handprint Ideas
What is your favorite Christmas craft? These reindeer handprints are hard to beat! For more kids activities and Christmas crafts, check out these cute ideas:
- With our huge collection of reindeer crafts, we can show you a bunch of ways how to make a reindeer!
- We have scoured the world for the best Christmas handprint crafts and are pretty excited about what we found.
- Make a paper plate reindeer with this adorable tutorial.
- Make a handprint Christmas tree and handprint Christmas wreath!
- Craft a toilet paper reindeer!