Let’s celebrate Earth Day with these Earth Day quotes coloring pages. We have tons of phrases and proverbs to honor our love of nature and Mother Earth, plus two free coloring pages. Grab your coloring supplies!
We have the best collection of coloring pages here at Kids Activities Blog – in fact, they have been downloaded over 100k times in the past two years!
EARTH DAY QUOTES TO COMMEMORATE OUR PLANET
Mother Nature has given us so much and that’s why World Earth Day is commemorated every year on April 22nd. The first Earth Day was celebrated in 1970 thanks to junior senator Gaylord Nelson who announced he wanted to educate people about climate change and the dangers of air and water pollution. Ever since we’ve been celebrating Earth Day around the world.
Each year there is a different theme for Earth Day. This year it’s “invest in our planet” and it means that now is the time to act boldly, innovate broadly, and implement equitably.
After all, we are the caretakers of this planet and in order to protect the beauty of the earth and make it a better place for future generations, we have to do our part to keep every last tree and last river in the best conditions ever.
Today is the perfect day to teach kids and young people about the importance of individual responsibility and what it means to be respectful to our planet.
A good way to do it is with our free Earth Day coloring pages and the best Earth Day quotes. Read them either in a classroom or at home and take a couple of minutes to discuss what they mean, and learn from them.
Best Earth Day Quotes
- “I only feel angry when I see waste. When I see people throwing away things we could use.” — Mother Teresa
- “The Earth is what we all have in common.” — Wendell Berry
- “Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “He that plants trees loves others besides himself.” — Thomas Fuller
- “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” — Margaret Mead
- “One of the first conditions of happiness is that the link between man and nature shall not be broken.” — Leo Tolstoy
- “The environment is where we all meet; where we all have a mutual interest; it is the one thing all of us share.” – Lady Bird Johnson
- “The Earth will not continue to offer its harvest, except with faithful stewardship. We cannot say we love the land and then take steps to destroy it for use by future generations.” — John Paul II
- “Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty.” — John Ruskin
- “Like music and art, love of nature is a common language that can transcend political or social boundaries.” — Jimmy Carter
- “You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference and you have to decide what kind of a difference you want to make.” — Jane Goodall
- “The ultimate test of man’s conscience may be his willingness to sacrifice something today for future generations whose words of thanks will not be heard.” — Gaylord Nelson
- “What’s the use of a fine house if you haven’t got a tolerable planet to put it on.” — Henry David Thoreau
- “To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.” — Helen Keller
- “A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt
Free Printable Earth Day Coloring Pages
Now it’s time to get our coloring pages! Grab your coloring supplies and print our free PDF. Happy Earth Day!
Earth Day Coloring Page
Our first coloring page features our planet Earth surrounded by stars and the words “Earth Day”. This coloring sheet is ideal for kids who are learning how to write or are practicing letter recognition. Color it with super bright colors – maybe even watercolor for the seas?
Festive Green Earth Day Coloring Page
Our second coloring page features planet Earth too, but this coloring sheet includes different beautiful leaves and plants on the bottom of the page. Earth has so many ecosystems and living beings, and it’s our responsibility to take care of them!
Download and print Earth Day coloring pages here
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR EARTH DAY COLORING SHEETS
This coloring page is sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Something to color with: favorite crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint, water colors…
- (Optional) Something to cut with: scissors or safety scissors
- (Optional) Something to glue with: glue stick, rubber cement, school glue
- The printed Earth Day coloring pages template pdf — see button below to download & print
Developmental Benefits of Coloring Pages
We may think of coloring pages as just fun, but they also have some really cool benefits for both kids and adults:
- For kids: Fine motor skill development and hand-eye coordination develop with the action of coloring or painting coloring pages. It also helps with learning patterns, color recognition, structure of drawing and so much more!
- For adults: Relaxation, deep breathing and low-set up creativity are enhanced with coloring pages.
MORE EARTH DAY ACTIVITIES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- More Earth Day coloring pages for kids of all ages!
- These globe coloring pages are a great way to celebrate Earth Day.
- Looking for Earth Day snacks? We’ve got your back!
- Oh so many fun Earth Day activities for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners and older kids!
- How about some Earth Day lunch recipes to celebrate?
- Here are our favorite Earth Day crafts that you have to try today.
- Make an Earth Day collage – it is such fun nature art.
- Yummy…make Earth Day cupcakes!
What was your favorite Earth Day quote?