If you’re a mom who’s thinking about using essential oils, you might be wondering what essential oils will be a good fit for you. Here are what we think are the 10 Must-Have Essential Oils for Moms!
Why Essential Oils?
As soon as I became pregnant with my first child, I was hyper-aware of everything I ate, and the products I used in my home and on my body. And with good reason! Pregnancy and motherhood have given me a renewed sense of appreciation and wonder of this body I am traveling in. I try to take care of myself–manage stress, eat right, exercise, drink enough water… but I also try to pay attention to our home environment and the products I use.
I love making my own body scrub, and other beauty and skin care products with my favorite oils. Not only do I save money (a few drops of essential oils go a long way), I know exactly what ingredients I use when I make my own personal products.
There are so many different oils, but I prefer Young Living essential oils. They have a wide variety of oils: you want a refreshing scent? woodsy scents? floral aromas? They have it all! Without I doubt, they have great essential oils and they also last a long, long time, making them the best deal for essential oils. Young Living oils have become some of my favorite products.
So, without further ado, here are the best essential oils for moms:
10 Must-Have Essential Oils For Moms
Here are some powerful essential oils, that I use in all of my “potions and concoctions”:
- Lavender – Lavender is usually the first oil people try. There are so many benefits that lavender essential oil has to offer. Not only can it help reduce stress and anxiety, lavender can also help you sleep better at night. What mom can’t use a little extra relaxation? It is a familiar aroma that we all love.
- Fennel – If you’re a mom who’s nursing, you might want to consider trying out fennel essential oil. Apply some of this essential oil in a carrier oil to the breast (but not directly to the nipple) to help increase breast milk supply.
- Basil – This is another essential oil that can help increase lactation. In addition, it has other beneficial effects: it helps support the immune system and can also help you feel more relaxed and relieve depression.
- Frankincense – Trying to find a way to get rid of the stretch marks that are lingering from pregnancy? Frankincense essential oil (one of my favorite earthy oils) is known to help eliminate scars. Add a drop of this essential oil to a carrier, such as coconut oil, and apply it to your stretch marks.
- Lemon – My favorite citrus oil. Due to lemon’s disinfectant properties, lemon essential oil can make a great DIY home cleaner. You can use it to clean your floors, countertops, cutting boards, and bathroom mirrors. For internal use, lemon essential oil is also great for boosting immunity, so it may help prevent you from catching every cough or cold your child brings home from school!
- Tea Tree – One of the most popular essential oils, tea tree essential oil is always good to have on hand. It is found in so many personal care products because it has so many benefits to offer. It can help treat insect bites, eliminate foot fungus, relieve eczema and dermatitis, soothe acne, and get rid of warts.
- Peppermint – This is another great essential oil for moms to always have on hand. Applying a few drops of peppermint essential oil in a carrier oil like coconut, or olive oil, to the abdomen can help relieve cramps or nausea. Peppermint oil can also help draw out ticks. When mixed with cinnamon bark oil, the scent of this essential oil blend is a great odor eliminator to use around the house.
- Chamomile – If you’re looking for another calming essential oil, look no further! Chamomile essential oil is a great oil that can help calm you. Diluted solutions of chamomile are also a key ingredient to treat insect bites and stings, cuts, acne, dermatitis, and eczema.
- Grapefruit – Trying to ward off a headache? Grapefruit has a long history of helping with that. Apply some diluted grapefruit essential oil to your temples and forehead to help ward off migraines and tension headaches.
- Eucalyptus — This is another essential oil that works as an excellent home cleaner due to its disinfectant properties. You can create a cleaning spray out of it for your kitchen or bathroom.
More Uses for Essential Oils
Are you inspired to start creating with essential oils? Check out these fun ideas and recipes:
- Safely Using Essential Oils With Cats
- Homemade Soothing Lotion Bars With Essential Oils
- 25 Essential Oil Play Recipes for Kids
- 8 Ways To Use Essential Oils In Your Everyday Routine
What is your favorite use for essential oils? Comment below!