One of my favorite oils is my lemon essential oil.
It is really versatile, smells incredible and has really helped me move toward more natural cleaning.
The Young Living Lemon essential oil I use is pure and really inexpensive. It’s an oil you definitely want to keep handy around the house because there are so many ways you can use it.
We’ve even used it in playdough!
10 Perfect Ways To Clean With Lemon Essential Oil
1) Banish your carpet odors with this carpet powder made with just a few household ingredients and lemon. Your floors will be fresh and your house will smell great!
2) Get rust off of your knives by soaking them in a mixture of water and lemon oil! This works really well.
3) Clean out the gunk caked on in your microwave by filling a small bowl with water, a dash of vinegar, and a few drops of lemon oil. Microwave the mixture for about 2 minutes and the grime will come right off!
4) Use lemon to freshen up your dingy, mildew towels. Just add in your lemon essential oil with a borax, washing soda, and vinegar.
5) Make your sink shine by adding a few drops of lemon oil to your towel and rubbing it on a clean surface.
6) Clean your shower head by filling a baggie with vinegar and 3-5 drops of lemon oil and attach it with a rubber band for an hour.
7) Make a counter cleaning spray by adding 2 tablespoons of vinegar plus 10 drops of lemon oil in a spray bottle and fill the rest of the way with water.
8) Remove sticky residue from labels by rubbing with a few drops of lemon oil on a dry cloth.
9) Fill an ice mold (affiliate) with vinegar and add in 2 drops of lemon oil to each cube. Freeze and run through the garbage disposal every time it starts to smell nasty.
10) Get your stinky shoes smelling great again by adding a few drops of lemon oil to a paper towel and inserting it inside the shoe. Let it sit overnight and they will smell fresh again!