We all love a special treat during the summer months — especially one that’s refreshing and yummy! These 5 Fun Summer Treats for Kids are perfect for your summer parties!
Fun Summer Treats Recipes for Kids
Grab the kiddos and check out today’s recipes.
They will absolutely love it and can even help making them!
This article contains affiliate links.
1. Vanilla Pudding Pops Recipe
This is a must-have every summer! Kids can lend a hand by scattering the sprinkles in the pudding.
Ingredients Needed to Make Vanilla Pudding Pops Recipe
How to Make Vanilla Pudding Pops Recipe
- Combine the vanilla pudding mix with the milk and whisk until it thickens.
- Gently fold in the sprinkles.
- Pour into popsicle molds and put in the freezer for 4-5 hours or overnight.
2. Summer Red, White & Blue Chex Mix Recipe
This summer treat is very fun to make! The kids will surely love to help from mixing to breaking the chunks.
Ingredients Needed to Make Summer Red, White & Blue Chex Mix Recipe
- 1 Bag Chex Mix Honey Nut Snack
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Red, White & Blue M&Ms
How to Make Summer Red, White & Blue Chex Mix Recipe
- Combine the Chex Mix and cranberries in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in a microwavable dish for 1 minute or 10-second intervals, until melted.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the Chex Mix mixture and stir.
- Pour out the Chex Mix mixture on a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the M&Ms on top and let cook for about an hour.
- Once hardened, break it up into chunks to serve.
Thanks, Betty Crocker, for this fun idea!
3. Chocolate Apples with Almond Butter Recipe
This is the perfect and healthier alternative to donuts! Kids will not only love it but they will devour it!
Ingredients Needed to Make Chocolate Apples with Almond Butter Recipe
- Apple, sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- Almond Butter or Cookie Butter
- Shredded Coconut
- Chocolate Chips
- Chopped Walnuts
How to Make Chocolate Apples with Almond Butter Recipe
- Slice the apple into 1/2 inch slices. Spread the almond butter on each slice.
- Sprinkle the shredded coconut on top, followed by the chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
- Serve immediately.
4. Frozen Fruit Kabobs Recipe
This is a fun and brilliant idea to make kids eat fruits this summer!
Ingredients Needed to Make Frozen Fruit Kabobs Recipe
- Strawberries, cut in half
- Red grapes
- Bananas, cut into 2-inch slices
- 1 cup plain or vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
How to Make Frozen Fruit Kabobs Recipe
- Cover the cookie sheet with parchment paper or a gel liner, and set aside.
- Using a bamboo skewer, layer the fruit and place the kabob on the cookie sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, add the yogurt and honey and whisk together.
- Drizzle the yogurt mixture over the fruit, and put in the freezer for 1/2 hours until the yogurt hardens. Be careful not to leave it in too long or the bananas will turn brown.
- Remove and enjoy!
5. Homemade Slushes Recipe
This summer treat is really quick to make and totally beats the heat!
Ingredients Needed to Make Homemade Slushes Recipe
- 1/2 cup Kool-Aid
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 tray of Ice
How to Make Homemade Slushes Recipe
- Place all ingredients in a blender and combine well. The ice needs to be completely crushed.
- Serves 4.
more Summer Treats recipes from kids activities blog
- Make a Summer Party Popsicle Bar
- 15 Delicious Watermelon Recipes perfect for the Summer!
- 5 Summer Sides Recipes for a Weekend BBQ
- 18 Flavor-Filled Backyard Grilling Recipes that are must-try for Summer.
- 5 Easy Homemade Slurpees Recipes this Summer!
What’s your favorite summer treat? Comment below!