When Darius spotted an injured baby fawn struggling to keep up with its mother and siblings, he knew he had to rescue it.
Darius lives close to Yellowstone National Park and often sees wildlife wander in and out of his yard, but this was the first time he saw a chance to intervene.
Probably fearing for her healthy fawn, the mama left the injured baby behind and that’s when Darius stepped in to become a surrogate ‘mama’ until the baby healed.
Take a look!
Related: This video of babies trying to stay awake will make your day!
Man Saves Abandoned Fawn Video
Not only did he make a brace to help her leg heal, but he went out searching for her family every day to make sure she was reunited with them in nature.
Darius wasn’t there when the baby finally did reunite with her family, but seeing what efforts he put into helping her not only get healthy, but also live a normal deer life is truly inspiring!
I hope the baby is living a happy, healthy life today and I hope someday Darius sees her again, maybe with her own fawns in tow.
More Deer & Wildlife Fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Print off this simple tutorial on how to draw a deer
- How about a whole bunch of reindeer crafts for kids?
- Make a cardboard deer craft
- This deer gets really confused by a drone…
- This deer gets freed from a fence…
- This man is completely surrounded by deer…
- And just in case you are looking for other wildlife, check out the wolf coloring pages.
Now I want a baby deer, you?