If you are feeling a little blue because of the weather, these 5 Fresh Orange Recipes to Brighten Your Day will change your mood!
Refreshing Orange recipes for you to try
We all have dull days. But a refreshing meal, dessert, or drink can cheer us up in no time! Here are some fresh orange recipes you can try to brighten up a dull day!
This post contains affiliate links.
1. Easy Cranberry Orange Bread Recipe
Hey, cranberries and orange are so good together! It’s so easy to make and so good to eat. Make some today!
Ingredients Needed To Make Cranberry Orange Bread:
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 3/4 cup Orange Juice
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Parchment paper
- 1 tablespoon Orange Zest
- An Egg, beaten
- 1 cup Frozen or Fresh Cranberries, chopped
If you are looking for something simple and refreshing, Burnt Macaroni‘s Cranberry Orange Bread will do the trick! It’s perfect for breakfast.
2. Fresh Orange Muffins Recipe
Make some tangy muffins treat for your kids. The orange flavor blends perfectly well with all other ingredients! Have fun!
Ingredients Needed To Make Orange Muffins Recipe:
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 large Eggs
- ½ cup Orange Juice
- 2 sticks Unsalted Butter, melted
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 3½ cups Flour
- A cup of Sugar
- 1½ tablespoons Baking Powder
- Orange Zest (from 1 orange)
- ½ teaspoon Salt
For the Glaze:
- ¼ cup Orange Juice
- 1-2 Teaspoon Orange Zest
- 1½ cups Powdered Sugar
How To Make Orange Muffins Recipe:
- First, preheat the oven to 350°.
- Next, line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- Then, in a mixing bowl, combine the milk, orange juice, sour cream, eggs, and melted butter.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into dry ingredients and combine.
- Fold in the orange zest.
- Then, add the batter to the muffin pan.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Next, to make the glaze, combine the orange juice, powdered sugar, and orange zest. Whisk them together, until smooth.
- Drizzle over muffins while the muffins are still warm.
This recipe is inspired by The Pastry Queen!
3. Orange Banana Cream Smoothie Recipe
Grab your blender, an orange, and some bananas! Get refreshed by this amazingly sweet, tangy, and yummy smoothie recipe!
Ingredients Needed To Make Orange Banana Cream Smoothie
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice
- 1/4 cup Pineapple Juice
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Banana
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh Ginger Root
- 1/2 cup Crushed Ice
How to Make Orange Banana Cream Smoothie:
- Add all ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth. This yields enough for one person.
4. Easy Winter Fruit Salad Recipe
I love this winter fruit salad recipe! It’s sweet, soothing, and it’s minty too! Well, that’s if you’d add a mint leaf into the mixture. It’s my favorite fruit salad.
Ingredients Needed To Make Winter Fruit Salad:
- 3 cups of Cubed Pineapple
- 1 cup Kiwis (peeled, quartered and sliced)
- 2 cups of Mandarin Oranges
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 2 tablespoons Poppy Seeds
How To Make Winter Fruit Salad:
- First, in a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, honey, and poppy seeds.
- Then, in a large bowl, combine the pineapple, kiwi, and mandarin oranges.
- Pour the dressing over the fruit.
- Add mint leaves on top for some extra flavor!
5. Fresh Orange Tea Recipe
They say a cup of tea can calm a bewildered mind. Add some oranges to your favorite tea and get a fresher view of everything! Well, that’s an overstatement, but it sure can calm your nerves!
Ingredients To Make Fresh Orange Tea:
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 7 black tea bags in a pot of water
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 cups Sparkling Water, chilled
- Orange, thinly sliced
- Fresh mint
How To Make Fresh Orange Tea:
- First, in a saucepan, bring orange juice and sugar to a boil. Simmer, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Then, remove the pan from the heat, and let it cool.
- Prepare the tea in a coffeepot or steep in a pot on the stove.
- Remove the tea bags, and then pour the tea and orange mixture into a pitcher.
- When ready to serve, add sparkling water into the pitcher. Then, top with some orange slices and mint.
This recipe is inspired by Giada De Laurentiis.
More Delicious Recipes Your Family Will Love
- Yummy Dairy Free Pasta Bake
- 25 Incredible Banana Bread Recipes
- 5 Easy Peanut Butter Recipes
- One Pan Fish and Veggies
- 5 of the Best Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Ever!
- 15 Minute Dinners–Here Are 5 Recipes for This Week
- Quick Dinners–21 Recipes for 30 Minute Meals
What is your favorite dish made of oranges? Comment below!