If you are feeling a little blue because of the weather, these 5 Fresh Orange Recipes to Brighten Your Day will change your mood!
5 Fresh Orange Recipes to Brighten Your Day
This post contains affiliate links.
Cranberry Orange Bread
If you are looking for something simple and refreshing, Burnt Macaroni‘s Cranberry Orange Bread will do the trick! It’s perfect for breakfast.
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 large Eggs
- ½ cup Orange Juice
- 2 sticks Unsalted Butter, melted
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 3½ cups Flour
- A cup of Sugar
- 1½ tablespoons Baking Powder
- Orange Zest (from 1 orange)
- ½ teaspoon Salt
For the Glaze:
- ¼ cup Orange Juice
- 1-2 Teaspoon Orange Zest
- 1½ cups Powdered Sugar
- First, preheat the oven to 350°.
- Next, line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- Then, in a mixing bowl, combine the milk, orange juice, sour cream, eggs, and melted butter.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into dry ingredients and combine.
- Fold in the orange zest.
- Then, add the batter to the muffin pan.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Next, to make the glaze, combine the orange juice, powdered sugar, and orange zest. Whisk them together, until smooth.
- Drizzle over muffins while the muffins are still warm.
This recipe is inspired by The Pastry Queen!
Orange Banana Cream Smoothie Recipe
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice
- 1/4 cup Pineapple Juice
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Banana
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh Ginger Root
- 1/2 cup Crushed Ice
- Add all ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth. This yields enough for one person.
Winter Fruit Salad
- 3 cups of Cubed Pineapple
- 1 cup Kiwis (peeled, quartered and sliced)
- 2 cups of Mandarin Oranges
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 2 tablespoons Poppy Seeds
- First, in a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, honey, and poppy seeds.
- Then, in a large bowl, combine the pineapple, kiwi, and mandarin oranges.
- Pour the dressing over the fruit.
- Add mint leaves on top for some extra flavor!
Orange Tea Recipe
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 7 black tea bags in a pot of water
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 cups Sparkling Water, chilled
- Orange, thinly sliced
- Fresh mint
- First, in a saucepan, bring orange juice and sugar to a boil. Simmer, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Then, remove the pan from the heat, and let it cool.
- Prepare the tea in a coffeepot or steep in a pot on the stove.
- Remove the tea bags, and then pour the tea and orange mixture into a pitcher.
- When ready to serve, add sparkling water into the pitcher. Then, top with some orange slices and mint.
This recipe is inspired by Giada De Laurentiis.
Some of Our Favorite Kitchen Products
My favorite thing about cooking is trying new kitchen gadgets! Here are some of our kitchen must-haves:
- Fresh Baby Ice Cube Trays with lids
- Cuisinart Food Processor
- The I Heart Naptime Cookbook by Jamielyn Nye
- Giant Popcorn bowl
- VillaWare Uno Classic Waffle Maker
- Individual Popcorn bowls
- VillaWare Farmyard Waffle Maker
- Pyrex Baking Dishes
- Pizza Peel
- Hand Blender
- Pizza Wheel (cutter)
- Taco Holder
- Pizza Stone
- Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Double Burner Reversible Grill/Griddle
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and Cover
- BPA free lunch containers
- Egg Rite Egg Timer
- Fit and Fresh container
- One Touch Electric Bottle Opener
- Half Pint Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Ninja Professional Blender
- Zoku Quick Pop Maker
- Plano Half-Size Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers – for road trip snacks
- Curious Chef 3-Piece Nylon Knife Set
- Cuisinart 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker
- Victorinox Fibrox Straight Edge Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
- Lemon Squeezer
- Mason Jars
- Apple Corer
- Popcorn Bowl
- MaxiMatic double burner hot plate
- Glass Egg carton
- Black & Decker 4 slice toaster
- Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer
- Cuisinart 8-cup Food Processor
- Meat Mallet
- Ice Cream or Cookie Scooper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- 3-Piece Veggie Peeler
- Garlic Press
More Delicious Recipes Your Family Will Love
- Yummy Dairy Free Pasta Bake
- 25 Incredible Banana Bread Recipes
- 5 Easy Peanut Butter Recipes
- One Pan Fish and Veggies
- 5 of the Best Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Ever!
- 15 Minute Dinners–Here Are 5 Recipes for This Week
- Quick Dinners–21 Recipes for 30 Minute Meals
What is your favorite dish made of oranges? Comment below!