There is something so comforting about a grilled cheese sandwich! Now that the weather is cooling, it’s the perfect time to try 5 of the Best Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Ever!
5 of the Best Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipes
Kids love gooey and cheesy meals, like grilled cheese! Check out this amazing list of the best-tasting grilled cheese recipes ever. You won’t go wrong.
This article contains affiliate links.
1. Yummy Basil Pesto Grilled Cheese
Oh, you’ll love the hint of the basil flavor in this grilled cheese recipe!
Ingredients Needed To Make Basil Pesto Grilled Cheese:
- Homemade Pesto, or Pre-made Basil Pesto
- Sourdough bread
- Softened butter
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced
How To Make Basil Pesto Grilled Cheese:
- First, spread butter on one side of two slices of bread.
- Next, on the other side of each slice, spread basil pesto.
- Then, place two slices of mozzarella cheese on one slice of bread.
- Top with remaining slice of bread, butter side out.
- Put parmesan cheese on a separate plate, and then press the butter side of the sandwich on the cheese. Then, repeat on another side.
- Put the sandwich in a pan, and cook over medium heat, until the cheese has melted and bread is golden brown.
2. Healthy Tomato & Avocado Grilled Cheese
Want a healthier grilled cheese version? Pop in some tomatoes and avocado and voila! A hearty, cheesy, yummy grilled cheese is yours.
Ingredients Needed To Make Tomato & Avocado Grilled Cheese:
- Sourdough bread
- Mozzarella Cheese, sliced
- Tomato, sliced
- 1/2 of Avocado, sliced
- Fresh Basil
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
How To Make Tomato & Avocado Grilled Cheese:
- In a pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Then, put 2 slices of bread in a pan. Add one slice of mozzarella cheese and tomato on top.
- Put the rest of the bread on top.
- When the cheese is melted, and the bread is golden brown on both sides, remove from heat.
- Lift one side of bread, and then add sliced avocado and 1 tablespoon of basil.
3. Awesome Three-Cheese Grilled Cheese
Things just get much cheesier! Try this awesome Three-Cheese Grilled Cheese recipe for the whole family!
Ingredients Needed To Make Three-Cheese Grilled Cheese:
- Slice of Swiss Cheese
- Sourdough bread
- Slice of Colby Jack Cheese
- Sandwich pickles
- Slice of Provolone Cheese
- Softened Butter
How To Make Three-Cheese Grilled Cheese:
- First, spread the softened butter on one side of two slices of bread.
- Next, add one side of buttered bread on a hot pan, and then top with swiss, colby jack, and provolone cheese.
- Add sandwich pickles and second slice of bread, with the buttered side up.
- Cook until cheese is melted, and bread is golden brown.
4. Apple & Gouda Grilled Cheese Recipe
Apples and cheese go well together, and this recipe is proof. Trust me.
Ingredients Needed To Make Apple & Gouda Grilled Cheese:
- Apple, sliced thin
- 4 slices of Bread
- Butter, softened
- 4 slices of Gouda Cheese
How To Make Apple & Gouda Grilled Cheese:
- Start by buttering the outside of 4 slices of bread.
- Place the butter side down on two slices of bread, and then add 1 slice of gouda, then apple slices, and another slice of gouda.
- Next, top with the second slice of bread for each sandwich (buttered side up).
- Cook until the bread is browned, and cheese is melted.
5. Monte Cristo Grilled Cheese Sandwich
You’ll be impressed with how good this grilled cheese sandwich is!
Ingredients Needed To Make Monte Cristo Grilled Cheese Sandwich:
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons of Mustard
- 4 slices of White Bread
- 2 Tablespoons of Mayonnaise
- 4 slices of Ham
- Shredded Gruyere Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
How To Make Monte Cristo Grilled Cheese Sandwich:
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and then season with salt and pepper.
- Next, put the sandwich together, by spreading mustard and mayo on bread. Then, add the ham and cheese
- Melt the butter in a skillet.
- Dip each sandwich into the egg, and then add to the skillet.
- Cook 2-3 sandwiches on each side.
- Serve with powdered sugar.
The Best Cold Weather Recipes
- 5 Cold Weather Recipes to Warm Your Heart
- 20 Totally Delicious Crock Pot Soup Recipes
- Easy and Savory Hamburger Soup
- Super Easy Potato Soup
- 20 Delicious Fall Slow Cooker Recipes
- 5 Gooey Cheese Dishes You Will Love!
- One Pot Chili Pasta
What is your favorite way to make grilled cheese? Comment below!