These fun kidÂ activities are sure to excite your little ones. Â There are so many fun ways to play with LIGHT! Â A lot of these would be a perfect boredom buster to keep around in case of a power outage. Â But even with no reason at all, these are great fun.
We’re sharing these light play activities inspired by Where Imagination Grows.
12 Fun Light Play Activities
1. Â Learn how to makeÂ neon rice to use in a sensory bin along with a black light. Â This looks so cool!
2. Â This fine motor activity is so much fun! Â Let your little one cut and squish water beads.
3. Â Use a black light and highlighters to make glow in the dark counters. Â This is a fun counting activity your kids will enjoy!
4. Â This is a simple activity using a clear geoboard, DIY templates, and light table to create letters and shapes.
5. Â Take some ordinary balloons, and once you’ve blown them up, insert glow sticks before tying.
6. Â Exploring light and shadows with DIY shadow puppets! Â A fun activity for all ages.
7. Â Try this fun science experiment in color mixing on the light table! Â Watch the colors change while bubbling at the same time.
8. Â Counting with circles on the light table. Â A simple and engaging activity that is great practice for those emerging counting skills!
9. Â DIY nature slides and a light table offers a fun way to explore and learn about flowers, seeds, leaves and much more!
10. Â A new twist on a fine motor favorite, try threading glowing pasta! Â It’s a fun activity for any child to enjoy.
11. Â Loose parts play on the light table is a simple way to allow children to create and explore their own way.
12. Â Use a package of glow sticks to play Tic TacGlow! Â This would be a fun slumber party game to play.