Here is a yummy easy chicken mexican casserole recipe for you to try. It’s one of my favorites.
Mexican Chicken Casserole
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 Cup Diced Onion
- 10 oz. Can Enchilada Sauce
- 10.5 oz Can 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes & Green Chiles (Rotel)
- Corn or Flour Tortillas (I like corn, hubby likes flour. I do half and half)
- 1 Bag of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Handful of Crushed Tortilla Chips
- Preheat oven to 350Â°
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of oil in pan and cook chicken
- Remove chicken from pan
- Add the remaining oil to pan and cook onions 1 minute.
- Stir in enchilada sauce and soup
- Fill empty soup can half full of water and stir that in too.
- Add Rotel, stir the mixture and let stand on low heat.
- Shred the chicken with two forks while the mix is warming up.
- Add shredded chicken to pan and stir.
- Coat a 13 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Rip up small pieces of tortillas for your bottom layer in the dish.
- Add a layer of chicken mixture, Repeat this twice.
- Sprinkle the top with cheese and crushed tortilla chips.
- Cover with foil and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another few minutes until cheese is melted and it’s bubbling.
Download and print the recipe to put into a 3 ring binder:
She Is Dallas Author Info: Amy Locurto is a mom of two and graphic designer, Co-Founder of a photography blog iHeartFaces.com and provides free downloads, recipes and creative ideas on her personal blog. She sometimes even gets a little sleep! Visit her site for weekly menu plans with recipes and printable grocery lists! Â www.livinglocurto.com