Colored bubbles and paper can make an easy art project that is fun to make and beautiful too.
To make easy art with bubbles, you will need:
- Large sheet(s) of white paper
- Masking tape
- Food colouring
- Bubble soap (See our DIY Bubble Mix Recipe or DIY Baby Bath Bubble SolutionÂ recipe for bubble soap)
- Bubble blowing wands.
Set up the invitation to play with bubbles:
- Tape a large sheet of paper somewhere so that it’s at your child’s height. (I placed our broom across a gap between our garden hedges and taped paper onto the hanging broom).
- Make coloured bubble solution by mixing a small amount of food colouring into the bubble soap. Be warned that food colouring may stain, so it may be wise for children to wear protective clothing or clothing that you don’t mind getting stained.
Notes from the trenches:
- The stronger the bubble solution, the better; (or you may end up with many ‘spray’ splats from failed bubbles).
- This is a great group activity. The boys really enjoyed working together making art; that alone is priceless.
Finding creative ways to make art will inspire children and spark their imagination.
What exciting art projects have you done with your children lately?Â Leave us a comment.Â We’d love to hear about it.
For some more unique art projects, pop on over to these fun posts from some of the other Quirky Mommas:
- Paint Craft: Silhouette Art – make beautiful silhouettes with spray paint and stickers.
- Cardboard, Paint, and Glue: How to Make a 3D Cat – this cute cat seems to come to life in this fun three dimensional project.
- Painting Craft: Water Bottle Flowers – dip the bottom of a water bottle (or soda bottle) into the paint and press it onto the paper to make a cute flower pattern.