Today, we’re thrilled to share this simple sugar scrub recipe.
Whether you have a teacher that needs to be pampered or you need a quick gift that kids can make, this easy sugar scrub recipe is a great excuse to get in the kitchen with kids. Adding lavender in your recipe might be the perfect cure for sleepless nights, too!
Sugar scrub is really simple to make with kids and a lovely way to pamper yourself or a loved one. This post contains affiliate and consultant links that support Kids Activities Blog.
Materials for Sugar Scrub
- Jar with a top (we bought ours in bulk in the wedding favor section at Michaels because I thought they were so cute).
- Oil (olive oil, almond oil, or another sort of simple not smelly oil).
- essential oils (I used lavender, jasmine, and vanilla)
- food coloring
TipJunkie has a great post sharing 14 Easy Homemade Sugar Scrub Recipes that I highly recommend checking out. We used this sugar scrub recipe by Maybe Matilda and tweaked it a little bit by adding food coloring.
Directions for Making Kid-Made Sugar Scrub:
- Mix up the ingredients in a bowl. We used 3 cups white sugar, 1 cup and 2 tbsp of olive oil, 10+ drops of lavender (or any other essential oil), and a few drops of food coloring based on the color you want your scrub. I didn’t use too much food coloring because I only wanted it to be tinted a peach color and didn’t want to be rubbing food coloring all over myself!
- Pack mixed sugar scrub into a jar. We used large tongue depressors to scoop the sugar scrub into the jars.
- Decorate with some ribbon and personalize it with some stickers. We added a letter sticker for the first initial of who we were giving the gift to.
- Make a card or little note to attach to it and give it as a gift to someone you know that needs a pick me up!
This activity gave us lots of opportunities to talk about the five senses and to work on measuring skills.
Not only would this gift be great for teacher appreciation week, but you could also make it as an end of the year or beginning of the year teacher gift.
Here are a few other favorite homemade gift ideas:
Everything You Need to Get Started with Essential Oils
We have completely fallen in love with essential oils and because we are distributors, we are able to offer you our AMAZING Essential Oil package that ends at the end of April 2015…so hurry!
Yes! All this good stuff!
When you get the Young Living Premium Essential Oil Starter Kit that includes a diffuser & 11 bottles of essential oils (plus some samples and other fun stuff), we send you a BIG package of essential oil resource goodies worth over $68:
- 400+ page book that is packed full of everything essential oils!
- Essential Oil Starter Guide
- 2 laminated information sheets – Kids/Babies & First Aid
- No Vet for My Pet Tri-fold
- How to Use EOs eCourse
- Membership in Essentially Oiltastic where you can get bulk pricing on other resources
- Ability to join our private FB group network to support your oil adventure!
- $20 Amazon Gift Card
- PLUS for April ONLY we are throwing in our book, 101 Kids Activities that are the Bestest, Funnest Ever!
Find our more information on our essential oils information page. These are the oils we use and love.Powered by Sidelines