I love homemade sugar scrubs! Making sugar scrub recipes and packaging them in cute ways is the perfect homemade gift this Christmas. Sugar scrub recipes are my favorite way to use essential oils. Make extra holiday scrub because you will want to have some for yourself as well! Kids can get in on the fun of making homemade sugar scrubs with these easy sugar scrub recipes.
Homemade Body Scrubs DIY Gifts
Here are some great sugar scrub recipes especially for a last minute gift on the holidays. We love the scents of peppermint, pumpkin spice, and gingerbread!
Related: DIY sugar scrub made with lavender
A homemade sugar scrub recipe is really simple to make with kids and a lovely way to pamper yourself or a loved one with simple ingredients.
15 Holiday Sugar Scrub Recipes We Love
1. Peppermint Sugar Scrub Recipe Smells Like Christmas
This red and green peppermint sugar scrub recipe is so festive! We love the amazing smell and the holiday colors.
2. Make Sugar Scrubs with Just 2 Ingredients!
You can’t get any easier than this 2-ingredient scrub. via Totally The Bomb
3. Cinnamon Vanilla Sugar Scrub Smells Like Cookies
Yum! Cinnamon and vanilla is one of my favorite scents, and this sugar scrub smells delicious. via The Idea Room
4. Gingerbread Sugar Scrub Recipe
Do you love the smell of gingerbread? Me, too. This whipped gingerbread sugar scrub is amazing! via Sugar and Soul
5. Mint Sugar Scrub Recipe Makes a Great Christmas Gift
Make this mint sugar scrub, add a red ribbon and it is ready to give as a gift! via Love Grows Wild
6. Peppermint Scrub Recipe with a Twist
Another great peppermint scrub. It is so invigorating to the senses and would be great for gifting! via Simplistically Living
7. Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub Recipe
If you love everything pumpkin spice, then this sugar scrub recipe is perfect for you! via Uncommon Designs
8. Vanilla Sugar Scrub Recipe
Or add the sweet scent of vanilla and make this crazy good vanilla pumpkin spice sugar scrub! via Happiness is Homemade
9. Chocolate Peppermint Sugar Scrub Recipe
Chocolate peppermint is one of my favorite scents in the winter. Yum! via Really Are You Serious
10. Sugar Scrub Recipe Inspired by the Frozen Movies
Here is a sugar scrub for all the Disney fans! This Frozen inspired recipe is amazing. via Oh My Creative
11. Sugar Cookie Sugar Scrub Recipe
Who doesn’t love the smell of a sugar cookie? Another awesome holiday scent and perfect for a DIY gift! via Not Quite Susie
12. Gingerbread Sugar Scrub Recipe
This gingerbread sugar scrub is the perfect holiday scrub! We love it. via Raining Hot Coupons
13. Cranberry Sugar Scrub Recipe
Don’t forget about cranberry! We love this scent during the holidays. via Soap Queen
14. Strawberry Sugar Scrub Recipe
Who doesn’t love the amazing smell of strawberry? This sugar scrub is really pretty! via The Gunny Sack
15. Candy Cane Sugar Scrub Recipe
This red and white sugar scrub looks just like a candy cane and smells delicious. via Happy Organized Life
16. Winter Peppermint Sugar Scrub Recipe
We all love peppermint in the winter. This sugar scrub is one of our favorites. via Mom 4 Real
17. Pumpkin Pie Sugar Scrub Recipe
Everyone loves the scent of pumpkin pie! So do we! via Our Wabi Sabi Life
Why Use Sugar Scrub?
DIY sugar scrubs are the best way to get rid of dead skin cells, soften dry skin, and promote the growth of healthy skin. What I love the most about making my own sugar scrubs instead of buying one at the grocery store is that I know exactly what the main ingredients are – that way I can avoid extra ingredients that are not beneficial.
This article contains affiliate links.
Best Essential Oils for Holiday Sugar Scrub Recipes
Something I love adding to most (if not all) of my sugar scrubs are a few drops of essential oils, as they are a perfect way to make them smell better. There are so many different ones you can try. These are our favorite essential oils for making the best sugar scrub:
- Peppermint oil
- Ginger & Lime
- Lemon & Lime
- Orange, Lemon, Peppermint Blend
But feel free to try other combinations! 5-10 total drops of essential oil should be more than enough for any sugar scrub.
Sugar Scrub Recipe Variations to Try
The best part about making these DIY sugar scrub recipes is that you can customize them as much as you want for different purposes. For example, some of these use almond oil for dry sensitive skin, others use vanilla extract for a sweet aroma, others use raw sugar for making an exfoliating scrub – the options are endless.
You can add anything you want to this natural exfoliant too to create the best results for you: grapeseed oil, coconut oil, olive oil, vitamin e oil, jojoba oil, shea butter, rose petals, aloe vera, brown sugar, sweet almond oil…
MORE SIMPLE SUGAR SCRUB RECIPES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- This cranberry sugar scrub smells just like heaven!
- Our lavender sugar scrub recipe is the perfect cure for sleepless nights.
- We love how much fun this rainbow sugar scrub is to make.
- Looking for some less holiday-themed sugar scrubs, but something that smells just scrumptious? Then you’ll love these simply sweet scrubs.
- Sometimes our feet need a little extra love, especially during dry weather or the winter. This sugar cookie diy foot scrub is perfect!
How did your holiday scrub recipes with essential oils recipe turn out?