Sometimes eating cake just makes everything feel better …. right? But there are days you don’t have time to make a cake — so why not do the next best thing and make this Chocolate Mug Cake? This cake in a mug takes less than 5 minutes to make and it’s just as delicious as a regular cake.
This awesome, easy recipe can be found in Jamielyn Nye’s The I Heart Naptime Cookbook! (we love her). This is just one of more than 100 recipes for all families. It also makes a great holiday gift!
Chocolate Mug Cake
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1-2 tablespoons Mini Chocolate Chips
- Whipped Cream
- Put milk and butter pieces in a 14-ounce microwavable mug
- Put in microwave for 30 seconds to allow the butter to melt
- Add sugar & vanilla extract and stir until sugar dissolves
- Add flour, baking powder and cocoa powder and mix with fork
- Stir in chocolate chips and microwave on high for 60 seconds or until the toothpick comes out clean
- Add toppings like whipped cream, chocolate syrup or sprinkles
And if you are looking for other easy dessert recipes, check out our Family Food Live show on 5 Easy Desserts for Fall!