Give baby a wonderful sensory experience with this DIY mini water blob. You most likely have all you need to make this fun DIY baby toy already and it couldn’t be easier to assemble. I’m always looking for mess free sensory experiences for my baby because, let’s be honest you’ve got enough to clean! Inspired by the giant water blobs that took the internet by storm, this mini water blob version is just right for babies sensory play and way easier to pull off.
Make a Water Blob Baby Sensory Toy
Making a mini water blob is easy…the best part? Your baby will love it! The can squish and “splash” to their hearts content without making one bit of mess when you have a finished DIY water blob for playtime.
Related: More ways to increase baby tummy time
This inside water blob is a fun indoor water play idea and is great for sensory stimulation of babies and toddlers. I also like the portability of a mini water blob allowing it to go where you go! A mini water blob will become your go-to baby activity, I know it’s mine!
Related: More sensory bags to make for baby
This article contains affiliate links.
Make a Mini Water Blob for Baby
- 2 – gallon freezer bags like a ziploc bag
- Duct tape or washi tape
- Optional: Bath toys, small plastic toys (nothing pointy) and a towel
How to Make a Mini Water Blob
Watch Our Short Mini Water Blob Tutorial Video
Place bath toys in one of the freezer bags and fill with water. Try to squeeze out most of the air and seal tightly.
Use duct tape to make the seal extra strong. I used two overlapping strips folded over the edge.
Place your filled bag, with the taped side down, inside another freezer bag. Again, squeeze out as much air as possible and seal tightly.
Duct tape that second edge for extra security.
Keeping a Water Blob from Leaking
We had no issues with leaks but it never hurts to be extra cautious and place a towel down before placing the blob down for playtime.
Let baby squish, explore, and play!
Next time you’re looking for something fun for baby to play, grab a few freezer bags and whip up this awesome mini water blob!
Looking for other ways to occupy baby? Check out these great highchair play ideas.
More Baby Play & Fun Ideas from Kids Activities Blog
- How to get baby to sleep in crib
- So many good activities for baby
- Best baby products
- Sensory activities for toddlers
- Fine motor activities for toddlers
- Sensory bin ideas
- Toddler activities
- Here are some more sensory activities for 1 year olds!
- Here are some great activities for babies!
- We have some many great development activities for babies and toddlers.
- Check out these pom pom activities for one year olds!
- Make a baby tunnel with leaves to help your baby explore the world and get moving around.
- This ocean themed sensory bag is perfect for toddlers!
Did your child enjoy the mini water blog for sensory play?