I’m always trying to come up with fun craft projects that are also toys, these ping pong ball monsters are just that! This monster craft is also a monster toy! While the process of creating these fun little creatures is a blast, that’s only half the fun! Once they are dry, they provide hours of imaginative play. With just a few simple supplies you and your kids can create a whole family of friendly monsters! And while this is a great project any time, it is a perfect Halloween craft. Our little monsters are such a cool addition to our Halloween decorations, that is when they aren’t being played with.
To Make Ping Pong Ball Monsters You’ll Need
- Ping Pong Balls
- Pipe Cleaners
- Googly Eyes
- Glue (Regular Craft Glue or Hot Glue)
How to Make Ping Pong Ball Monsters
- First you will need to paint your balls. This can be a little messy but fun! Hint: Let them dry resting on a few pins pushed into a scrap of cardboard or on the empty spaces on an upside down egg carton.
- Once your painted ping pong balls are dry you can add the eyes! Use glue to attach as many (or as few) as you want! Note: If you use hot glue an adult will have to help but they will be ready to play almost instantly!
- Next, pieces of pipe cleaners can be bent and glued on to create arms, legs, and hair. Hint: You will need at least three legs in order for your monsters to stand up.
- After the glue is dry you’re ready to play!
I hope you and your kids have as much fun as we did with this simple monster craft. Create and play with your very own monster mash!
Looking for more Halloween Crafts? Use up a few more goggly eyes with this fun and easy Bouncing Spider.