Have you ever heard of a fairy sandwich? If not you’re missing out! It’s such a fun sandwich that tastes so good and has a hint of magic thanks to the sprinkles. Your little one will love all aspects of this fairy sandwich from the jam to the cream cheese to the sprinkles. Not only is this fairy sandwich easy and fun to make, but it’s a budget-friendly recipe as well!
Delicious Fairy Sandwich
Give your child a special treat in their lunchbox. Make a fairy sandwich to brighten up their day!
It’s not long after school starts that the lunchbox woes begin. A fairy sandwich is the perfect treat to change things up in a little way, mark a special occasion, or just plan for a fun lunch! Both my kids love the surprise of finding one in their boxes.
This post contains affiliate links.
Related: Check out this post on Lunch Box Tips for more great ideas for your kids’ lunches!
Ingredients Needed to Make a Fairy Sandwich:
How To Make A Fairy Sandwich
To make a fairy sandwich, simply use your cookie cutter once on one slice of bread.
Spread your fillings on the other slice of bread and place the top slice on.
Using a spoon, carefully pour a layer of sprinkles in the cut out area.
Press down so they stick to the filling, you just need a thin layer of the sprinkles.
Once the area is filled in and pressed down, place your sandwich in a sandwich box and refrigerate.
Don’t forget to keep it a secret till lunchtime!
These sandwiches work best with soft and sweet fillers, as listed above, in order for the sprinkles to stick to the sandwich. Be sure to check any allergy policies at your child’s school before using peanut butter or choose an allergy-safe alternative.
- Two slices of bread
- Soft fillers (PB&J, Sunbutter, Cream Cheese & Jelly, etc)
- Small cookie cutter, any shape, about an inch in diameter
- Sprinkles for cookies
- To make a fairy sandwich, simply use your cookie cutter once on one slice of bread.
- Spread your fillings on the other slice of bread and place the top slice on.
- Using a spoon, carefully pour a layer of sprinkles in the cut out area.
- Press down so they stick to the filling, you just need a thin layer of the sprinkles.
- Once the area is filled in and pressed down, place your sandwich in a sandwich box and refrigerate.
MORE FAIRY CRAFTS FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
Looking for more fairy crafts? We have so many great fairy crafts that you and your kids will love!
- We have a great list of the best fairy house garden kits for kids!
- Fairy gardens are amazing, so here are 14 more magical fairy garden ideas.
- Check out this fairy garden observation deck.
- Here are 30 amazing fairy crafts and recipes your kids will love.
- This bottled fairy dust necklace is perfect for tweens and older kids.
- Give the fairies somewhere to live with this fairy city.
- Make this sweet fairy sandwich! It’s yummy!
- This fairy craft is not only fun, but is a birthday countdown as well!
- We have this simple fairy wand you can make as well.
- Check out these tooth fairy ideas!
- Make a super cute and magical fairy wand!
What do you think of this fairy sandwich? Will you be making it?