It’s a few years since my daughter was a 3 year old, but the memories of her enjoying independent play and my eavesdropping on her playroom chats are happily fresh in my mind. Being 3 is all about playing, being curious, having fun and ‘more’ playing! – watch them get busy with these 21 handpicked activities for 3 year olds, from easy art projects to pretend play.
POTATO PRINT MONSTERS – FOR EVERYDAY FUN
With some potatoes, paint, googly eyes and a few cotton buds you have all the necessary ingredients for creating goofy, scary or pretty monsters ¦ potato printing is fun in the kitchen.
Doodle a bald family on a piece of paper and let the kids get creative with yarn and a glue stick. Oh what fun!
A simple cardboard bunny lacing card template to keep little hands busy and engaged.
(Contains affiliate links.)
Incredibly cute, and incredibly easy to make with just toilet rolls and scraps of fabric. Crafts that inspire play – my favorite type of crafts.
Making these creative little fishies is a really simple and fun craft “ perfect for home and the classroom.
Salt dough is such a versatile and fun material. You can never run out of activities to do with it.
Brace yourselves because this is the most awesome activity – wonderful for sensory learning and the kids can get involved in making too.
With egg cartons, lollipop sticks and a glue gun make a sturdy raft with a mast and crows nest for hours of imaginative play.
With fruit loops, paper bags, packing peanuts and pipe cleaners – Oh how I love the packing peanut teeth!!
Don’t stop at one – make a whole little owl family.
via kids activitiesblog
Suuuuuper easie peasie made with craft sticks and sharpie markers. Place your sticks in a plastic bag until you’re ready to play again, and again and again!
Fun for all with a roll of craft paper, a packet of crayons and the kitchen floor!
Kid painted sticks, decorated with yarn and a few beads and bells and your 3yr old will be making sweet music.
Painted card box box with button remote control – let teddy read the news!.
This homemade play dough recipe can jumpstart that journey to owning their own ice cream shop, becoming an ice cream pastry chef.
Painting and science fun all in one.
Practicing fine motor skills with beads.
A simple way to create a pretend city for your child to act out their imaginative stories.
Keep the kids busy while encoring creativity learning.
A great quiet, calm-down activity to help engage little minds.
Kids love seeing their doodles explode with color
Just draw with sharpie markers, spray, air dry and wear.
time to get your crafty pants on!
Here Is More Learning Fun:
- These motor activities for toddlers are a perfect way to develop fine motor skills.
- Want to make a rainbow puzzle for your toddler? We can help you make it!
- Wondering how to entertain a 2 year old? We’ve got you covered!
- These pumpkin activities are perfect for the fall or any time of the year!
- Searching for more printable free activity sheets? We’ve got them!
- Make learning fun and interesting with these learning activities!
- Teach your child about the virtue of kindness with these kindness activities for kids.
- Stomp into a new era with these dinosaur crafts!
- The very hungry caterpillar activities are a great way to enjoy this classic children’s book.
- The cold weather is coming and that means staying inside. But staying inside doesn’t have to be boring with these indoor winter activities.
- Check out this list of the 80 best activities for 2 year olds.
- Don’t have a ton of extra time? No problem! We have quick set up activities that are perfect for keeping your child busy.
- Help your little one hone their fine motor skills with these fun activities.
- Some days you just need peace. That is why we created this list of quiet time activities for 2 year olds!
- Get busy with these fun 10 outdoor activities that are perfect for any season!
- You will find hours of educational fun with these homemade math games for preschoolers!