These DIY math puzzlers are the perfect math game and are essentially popsicle stick flashcards. Kids of all ages particularly preschoolers, kindergarten kids, and even first graders will love these diy math popsicle stick flashcards. Why? Because math is always the best when it is in the form of a math game. These popsicle flashcards are great whether you’re at home or in the classroom.
DIY Math Game Popsicle Stick Flashcards
We are always looking for new ways to keep homework fun with our elementary aged kiddos. Often worksheets frustrate my kiddos (and me, who am I kidding).
We have a solution! It’s time for Craft stick math!
This math game uses popsicle stick flashcards and the best part is, it is budget-friendly. Plus, making them is fun and great fine motor skill practice as well!
This article contains affiliate links.
Supplies Needed To Make These Math Game Popsicle Stick Flashcards
How To Make Math Game Flashcards Made With Popsicle Stick
Write one question on each stick.
Leave the end “open” for an answer. Put the next stick down and repeat.
When you have all the question sticks lined up, answer the question on the following stick, making a chain of responses.
Playing with Math Game Popsickle Stick Popsicle Flashcards
Ways to play:
- Pick a stick and answer it. Grab another stick. Repeat.
- Solve the puzzle, make the sticks “link” to each other.
- Pull a stick, look at the “answer” end and brainstorm different ways you can create that number through addition or subtraction.
- Sort the answer “ends” in ascending or descending order.
- Have two kids grab a stick and hold it on their foreheads without looking. They need to solve their partner’s “head stick”.
- Craft sticks
- Paint Pens
- Write one question on each stick.
- Leave the end “open” for an answer.
- Put the next stick down and repeat.
- When you have all the question sticks lined up, answer the question on the following stick, making a chain of responses.
More Math Games From Kids Activities Blog
- There is just no excuse for boring learning! If you are looking for other math games for kids, check out the easiest way to practice math.
- And this cool math games with dominoes and a deck of cards is a great way to learn as well.
- Looking for some super math games to help your child with their math skills? Look no further!
- Here are some more fun math games to help your child learn math. They won’t hate it anymore after they try out these games!
- Put that fidget spinner to good use! Your child will love these fidget math worksheets!
- Want some cool online math? This day and age it is all about the technology and now you can make screen time educational!
- Try out these math apps for kids! There are so many educational apps that can help your child gain confidence in learning.
- Are you need more math games and math activities? We have over 150+ to choose from!
- Check out these free printable math sight words flashcards.
- Check out these awesome math counting beads activities.
- Check out our protractor printables!
How cool are these DIY math game popsicle stick flashcards? Are you gonna try them out?