There is nothing better than throwing a few ingredients into the pot first thing in the morning and having a meal ready to go when you get home from a busy day. No rushing around and throwing meals together at the last minute, dinner is ready! LOVE it!
Simple and tasty Slow Cooker Recipes
I often use my slow cooker several times a week, since it’s super simple and I get to serve quality meals all the time. So I also want to encourage everyone to plan their menu with these slow cooker recipes I have on my list. Promise, you’ll love it!
This article contains affiliate links.
1. Slow Cooker Pork Shoulder Roast with Garlic and Apples
This is the perfect flavorful fall recipe that gives you a moist and delicious pork roast. I made garlic mashed potatoes to go along with our roast and had the perfect meal!
Ingredientst Needed To Make Slow Cooker Pork Shoulder Roast With Garlic and Apples:
- 1 Pork Loin Roast
- 4 Apples Cut
- 1 Cup Applesauce
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 tsp. Garlic
- 2 tsp. Chopped Parsley
- salt and pepper
How To Make Slow Cooker Pork Shoulder Roast With Garlic and Apples:
- Place your Roast in the slow cooker.
- Whisk together your applesauce, water, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper and pour over the roast.
- Cut up your apples and place them on top of the roast.
- Turn on low for 6 hours.
This healthy chicken tortilla soup is a perfectly hearty, feel-good soup. After a long workday, it’s just what you want to come home to!
Ingredients Needed To Make Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Low-sodium chicken broth
- Canned diced tomatoes
- Fresh onion and garlic
- Spices – chili powder, cumin, paprika, coriander, S&P
- Chicken breasts
- Canned black beans
- Frozen corn
- Toppings – such as tortilla strips, cheese, sour cream, avocado
How To Make Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Pour chicken broth and diced tomatoes into a slow cooker.
- Add onion, garlic and spices and chicken.
- Cook on LOW heat 6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Shred chicken then return to slow cooker along with black beans, corn, cilantro and lime juice.
- Allow to cook until heated through.
- Serve with desired toppings.
This recipe didn’t sound like something we would like at first, I envisioned a cheeseburger going through a food processor but it is one of our favorite recipes! It’s a creamy and delicious soup that goes perfectly with my Honey White Bread.
Ingredients Needed To Make Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup:
- 1 lb. ground beef browned and drained
- 2 russet potatoes diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 celery stalks peeled and diced
- 1 white onion diced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb. Velveeta cheese (add towards the end of the cooking time)
- 8 oz. cream cheese (add towards the end of the cooking time)
How To Make Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup:
- Add the cooked beef, potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, salt, pepper, basil, garlic powder and chicken broth. DO NOT add Velveeta cheese and cream cheese yet.
- Cover and cook and LOW for 7 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Cut the velveeta cheese and cream cheese into cubes, add to the soup in the slow cooker. Stir to get the cubes into the soup (they won’t melt straight away).
- Cover and cook for one more hour on low.
- Stir until the cheeses are blended into the soup. Serve and enjoy!
If you love baked potatoes or mashed potatoes, this soup is for you! It’s a creamy combination of potato, cheese, garlic, and more. It’s the perfect weeknight meal to have ready in the slow cooker when you get home from work!
Ingredients Needed To Make Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup:
- 10 red potatoes, cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup real bacon bits
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup half-and-half
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese, or to taste
- ¼ cup chopped green onion, or to taste
How To Make Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup:
- Put potatoes in the bottom of your slow cooker crock. Scatter flour over the potatoes; toss to coat.
- Scatter bacon bits, red onion, garlic, chicken bouillon, ranch dressing mix, parsley, seasoned salt, and black pepper over the potatoes.
- Pour water into the slow cooker.
- Cook on Low for 7 to 9 hours.
- Pour half-and-half into the soup; cook another 15 minutes.
- Garnish with Cheddar cheese and green onion to serve.
We love this recipe, it’s one of the regular meals on our menu rotation. It’s so easy to make it exactly the way your family likes it.
Ingredients Needed To Make Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas:
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 3 bell peppers (preferrably 1 red, 1 yellow and 1 green) cored and sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, halved and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp ground coriander or oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
How To Make Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas:
- Pour half of the canned tomatoes into the bottom of a slow cooker and spread into an even layer. Top with half of the peppers** and half of the onions. Sprinkle garlic in. Top with chicken breasts.
- In a bowl whisk together chili powder, cumin, paprika, coriander, salt and pepper. Evenly sprinkle half of the seasoning over chicken breasts then flip chicken and sprinkle in remainder. Top with remaining half of the tomatoes, then layer in remaining peppers and onions.
- Cover and cook on HIGH heat about 2 – 3 hours or low heat 4 – 6 hours, until chicken has cooked through and veggies are tender.
- Remove chicken, and cut into strips, or shred. Ladle out 1 cup of the broth in slow cooker (mostly tomato liquid) and discard.
- In a small bowl whisk together lime juice and honey and add to slow cooker along with chicken and season with additional salt to taste if desired (I sometimes like to add 1/4 cup chopped cilantro too here but this is optional). Gently toss. Serve warm in warmed tortillas optional toppings.
More Simple slow cooker recipes to enjoy!
- 25 Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes
- Crockpot Christmas: 30 Holiday Slow Cooker Recipes
- 30 Slow Cooker Recipes For Every Occasion
- 20 Delicious Fall Slow Cooker Recipes the Entire Family Will Love
- 20 Family-friendly Beef Slow Cooker Recipes
So which easy slow cooker recipe are you going to try first today? Let us know how it goes!