Richmond, British Columbia, is a beautiful place to live and a wonderful place to visit. It offers so many places to visit and things to do with kids that it is extremely difficult to pick just 10.
10 Things to Do with Kids in Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
1. Fly kites at Garry Point – Garry Point is perfect for walks around the park or along the beach, or just watching the sun set. It is also the absolute best place for kite flying because there is nearly always a nice breeze blowing.
2. Swimming at Watermania – More than just a swimming pool, Watermania is like an indoor water playground with slides, a wave pool, and interactive water features.
3. Visit Richmond Nature Park – You have to visit this park more than once because it changes so much from season to season. It’s a wonderful place to experience nature. Admission is free, so it’s not going to hurt the budget, either!
4. Visit The Richmond Olympic Oval – The Richmond Olympic Oval keeps a little bit of Olympic spirit alive in Richmond. This massive structure boasts thousand of activities available to members. Don’t let lack of membership keep you away though, there are many activities available to guests as well.
5. Take a walk around the pond at Minoru Park – The pond at Minoru Park brings such beauty and peace to the heart of the city. It’s easy to leave a hectic day behind you as you stroll along the pond watching the ducks, squirrels and bunnies play.
6. Race Go Karts – If your kids feel the need for speed you can let them race go karts at Richmond Go Karts. Lots of fun and excitement for kids 4 and up!
7. Jump around at the Extreme Air Park – The Extreme Air Park will have your kids jumping for joy. At 42,000 square feet, it’s Canada’s largest trampoline park.
8. Visit the Gulf of Georgia Cannery – Take a step back into history at the Gulf of Georgia Cannery. See how salmon was canned many years ago. This is not just another museum exhibit, the cannery contains many still operating machines!
9. Visit the Britannia Shipyards – Another piece of history can be found at Britannia Shipyards. The shipyards buildings, some dating as far back as 1885, tell the multicultural heritage of Richmond where Chinese, European, First Nations and Japanese people all resided and worked together.
10. Go birdwatching at Terra Nova Park – Birdwatchers will be delighted with this park with its viewing platforms built to provide the best vantage points.
With even more to see and do, Richmond awaits your visit!