10 Things to Do with Kids in Vancouver, BC, Canada
Vancouver is one of Canada’s most beautiful cities. It’s also one of the few places in the world where you could go both skiing and swimming or sailing on the same day.
10 Things to Do with Kids in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
1. Hike through Lighthouse Park – Lighthouse Park offers a breathtakingly beautiful walk through old growth rainforest.
2. Visit Granville Island – Home of Canada’s largest FREE waterpark, Granville Island is a great place for kids. When the waterpark is closed, there is still the Kid’s Market and giant indoor Adventure Zone. Granville Island is a great place to gift shop, too!
3. Hike through Lynn Canyon Park – A walk through gorgeous scenery with waterfalls, a suspension bridge and beautiful trees. If you visit in the summer, you’ll probably want to bring a swimsuit.
4. Bike the Seawall – Biking the Seawall is just one of many things you can do at Stanley Park. There are other places to ride your bike, but not many compare to this scenic ride.
5. Climb a mountain – The Grouse Grind is a challenging feat that athletic families can boast about. For more typical families, Grouse Mountain offers other scenic mountain trails.
6. Visit Capilano Suspension Bridge – This is a very popular tourist destination. The bridge spans 450 feet (137m) across and 230 feet (70m) above Capilano River. In 2011, a cliff walk was added with some sections of glass pathway giving an awesome view of the canyon below. A must see!
7. Visit Vancouver Aquarium – The Vancouver Aquarium is Canada’s largest aquarium. It’s an adventure the whole family can enjoy.
8. See Science World – You are sure to discover an interest in science that you may not even know you have. This place is incredible for kids and grown ups of all ages.
9. Visit a farm – Every child should have the opportunity to visit a real working farm. This is a great opportunity to see just what goes on.
10. Tour Queen Elizabeth Park – This park is a gardener’s paradise. Be sure to bring your camera!
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada offers many great things to do with kids. Have fun!