Valentine’s Day is a reminder to show those around us how much we love them. Make a wreath and hang it on the door. You’ll be thinking of love every time you enter your home! Kids Activities Blog is excited about Valentine’s Day and all the fun craft projects that go with it.
Valentine’s Day Wreath
To celebrate Valentine’s Day, we made our own heart wreath to hang on the door. I had planned to do this project with my preschooler, but my elementary schooler couldn’t resist helping. I’m not disappointed that it became a fun family project!
- Wire heart frame from crafts store floral department
We had standard pieces of felt about the size of a page of paper.
- First, cut the felt in half.
- Second, cut the two pieces into strips. Thick strips will fill the frame faster but thinner strips are easier for little fingers to work with.
- Third, Tie a strip of felt on the wire heart frame. No glue is needed. No knot is necessary. Just one tie in the felt and it will stay in place. Just keep tying strips of felt on the wire heart frame until it is as covered as you want it.
- Finally, tie a ribbon to the top of the wire heart frame and hang.
Valentine’s Day Heart
This is such a great activity for young children. They work with textures and build muscles in their hands and fingers as they practice their tying skills over and over. I love that it helps with my child’s fine motor skills!
More Kids Activities
We hope you and your children have a wonderful Valentine’s Day! For more crafty kids activities, take a look at these ideas:
Don’t forget to connect with us on Facebook!