These John Adams facts sheets are perfect for your little historian as they learn more about the history of the United States and its early leaders, in a fun and engaging way.
John Adams played a prominent role in that regard, most notably as the second president of the United States. Keep reading to find interesting facts that kids of all ages will want to know more about.
John Adams facts FOR KIDS
- John Adams was an American attorney, political philosopher, diplomat, and writer who, along with Benjamin Franklin, was one of the Founding Fathers.
- He served as the second president of the United States from 1797 to 1801, after serving as the first vice president under first president George Washington.
- He was born on October 30, 1735, in Quincy, Massachusetts, and died on July 4, 1826, in the same city.
- He graduated from Harvard University in 1755 before becoming a lawyer.
- He was the first president to live in the White House with his wife, Abigail Adams.
- John Adams described the vice presidency as “the most insignificant Office” ever created.
- President Adams helped Thomas Jefferson write the Declaration of Independence in July 1776, which proclaimed that the 13 American colonies were no longer part of Great Britain.
- Before his presidency, he was a leader of the American Revolutionary War against the British government that achieved independence from British rule.
- During the Revolutionary War, he served in France and Holland in diplomatic roles and helped negotiate the final peace treaty.
- Jefferson and Adams were close friends and died on the same day; Adams’s last words were “Thomas Jefferson still survives,” not knowing his friend had died only hours before.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR JOHN ADAMS FACTS COLORING SHEETS
John Adams facts coloring pages are sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Something to color with favorite crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint, watercolors…
- The printable John Adams facts coloring sheets template pdf — see button below to download & print.
This pdf file includes two coloring sheets loaded with John Adams facts that you don’t want to miss. Print as many sets as needed and give them to friends or family!
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE John Adams facts PDF FILE
MORE FUN FACTS COLORING PAGES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Fun facts about North America for kids
- Intriguing Helen Keller facts for kids
- Fun Amelia Earhart facts for kids
- Fun Mount Rushmore facts for kids
- Fun Declaration Of Independence facts for kids
- Fun 4th Of July facts For kids
- Fun Statue Of Liberty facts for kids
- Amazing Benjamin Franklin facts for kids
What was your favorite John Adams fact?