If you have a kid that loves fun facts and Greek mythology, then you’re in the right place! We have Ares facts coloring pages for kids old and young who love learning about Olympian deities and Greek literature.
Download and print these facts about Ares, grab your crayons and let’s get coloring! Simply click the button below to print your coloring set.
Ares facts FOR KIDS
- Ares is a Greek god of war, considered one of the Olympian gods who resided on Mount Olympus.
- He was one of the twelve Olympians, a group of the most important and powerful gods in ancient Greek mythology.
- Ares is the son of Zeus, the king of the gods, and Hera, the queen of the gods. He had three siblings: Eileithyia, Hebe, and Hephaestus. Goddess Athena, the goddess of war, was his half-sister.
- In Roman mythology, Ares’ Roman name is Mars, the Greek god of war.
- Ares had a love affair with the goddess Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love, which was kept secret for a long time. He often was often depicted fighting on the side of Aphrodite.
- The union of Ares and Aphrodite created the gods Eros, the greek god of love; Anteros, the god of requited love; Phobos, the god of fear; Deimos, the god of dread and terror; and Harmonia, the goddess of harmony. Some greek myths include Alcippe as one of his daughters.
- Ares was known for his quick temper and could easily become enraged if he felt disrespected or challenged.
- Despite his fearsome reputation. Ares was not always invincible in battle. In one myth, goddess Athena wounded Ares during a battle in the Trojan War.
- Despite his reputation as a violent and chaotic god, Ares played an important role in Greek mythology stories as the spirit of battle and a powerful protector of warriors.
- In some parts of northern Greece, Ares was worshipped as a primary deity, with temples and ancient Greek art dedicated to him.
- The Roman equivalent of Ares, Mars, was also the Roman god of agriculture.
- Ares was one of the lesser war deities amongst Greek gods, as he was often overshadowed by his sister Athena, who was also a goddess of war, but one who represented strategic and tactical warfare rather than brute force.
- His mother Hera, the goddess of marriage, was one of the most important deities in Greek mythology.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR ARES FACTS COLORING SHEETS
Ares facts coloring pages are sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Something to color with favorite crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint, watercolors…
- The printable Ares facts coloring sheets template pdf — see button below to download & print.
This pdf file includes two coloring sheets loaded with Ares facts that you don’t want to miss. Print as many sets as needed and give them to friends or family!
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE Ares facts PDF FILE
MORE FUN FACTS COLORING PAGES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Have you ever wondered about Poseidon facts or who he really was?
- Apollo is so cool, that’s why we also have Apollo facts to print!
- Got a kiddo obsessed with Greek mythology? Try these fun Zeus facts!
- These Aphrodite facts are really fun to learn.
- Know someone obsessed with Greek mythology? Give them a set of our printable Athena facts.
Did you enjoy these Ares facts?