Got a little one that loves ancient greek mythology, mythical creatures, or learning about Olympian gods? Then you’re in luck! We have fun facts about the king of the gods in Ancient Greek religion, the Greek god Zeus!
FREE PRINTABLE Zeus FACTS COLORING PAGES
Zeus, the king of gods, also known as the ruler of all gods, was a weather god. His weapon of choice was a mighty thunderbolt that could shatter mountains and kill titans. Continue reading for more interesting facts about the father of gods and son of Cronus. These quick facts will have your child searching for other ancient Greek gods like the god of war or the goddess of love.
10 Zeus FUN FACTS
- Zeus was a major figure in Ancient Greece: he was the king of the Greek gods who lived on Mount Olympus (his Roman name is Jupiter).
- The name Zeus means “sky”, “shine”.
- His family consisted of his wife Hera (goddess of marriage), and together they had Ares, Eileithyia, Hebe, and Hephaestus. Zeus’ siblings were Poseidon and Hades.
- Zeus’ father Cronus was the god of time and he ruled the cosmos during the Golden Age, while his mother Rhea was the great mother of the gods.
- For ancient Greeks, he was the god of the sky and thunder. Zeus’ symbols include the lightning bolts, the eagle, the bull, and the oak tree.
- Zeus had a personal messenger and animal companion called Aetos Dios, a giant golden eagle.
- Legend says Zeus was born on Mount Ida, in the island of Crete in Greece, which you can actually visit.
- Every fourth year between 776 B.C.E. and 395 C.E., the ancient Olympic Games, held in honor of Zeus — that’s over a millennium!
- The Statue of Zeus at Olympia was a giant seated figure, about 41 ft tall, and it was placed in the Temple of Zeus there. It is one of the seven wonders of the ancient world along with the great pyramid of Giza and the Hanging gardens of Babylon.
- Zeus had numerous children – Some estimate Zeus might have had around 92 different children.
This article contains affiliate links.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR ZEUS FACTS COLORING SHEETS
These Zeus facts coloring pages are sized for standard letter white paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Something to color with: favorite crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint, watercolors…
- The printable Zeus facts coloring sheets template pdf — see button below to download & print
This pdf file includes two coloring sheets loaded with Zeus facts that you don’t want to miss. Print as many sets as needed and give them to friends or family!
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE Zeus FACTS PDF FILE
MORE FUN FACTS COLORING PAGES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Enjoy our fun Japan facts coloring pages.
- Have a love of pizza? Here are some fun pizza facts coloring pages!
- These Mount Rushmore facts coloring pages are so much fun!
- These fun dolphin facts coloring pages are the cutest ever.
- Welcome spring with these 10 fun Easter facts coloring pages!
- Do you live on the coast? You’ll want these hurricane facts coloring pages!
- Grab these fun facts about rainbows for kids!
- Don’t miss out on these fun bald eagle facts coloring pages!
What was your favorite Zeus fact?