If you buy frozen fruit at Costco, you may want to check your stash.
Costco has recalled frozen strawberries due to possible hepatitis contamination.
If fact, the recall is so bad, the CDC has now issued a report stating that there have been two hospitalizations due to the recalled frozen fruit.
The frozen organic strawberries from Costco, Aldi, KeHE, Vital Choice Seafoods and PCC Markets as well as its frozen organic tropical blend from Trader Joe’s have all been recalled.
According to the CDC:
Epidemiologic and traceback evidence indicate that frozen organic strawberries, imported fresh from certain farms located in Baja California, Mexico in 2022, are the likely source of this outbreak. The hepatitis A virus strain causing illnesses in this outbreak is genetically identical to the strain that caused a foodborne hepatitis A outbreak in 2022, which was linked to fresh organic strawberries imported from Baja California, Mexico, and sold at various retailers.
The lots subject to this recall are as follows:
The lot number can be identified on the back of the bag as shown below:
If you do have one of these recalled items, you need to stop eating it immediately and return it to Costco for a full refund.
Want more awesome Costco Finds? Check out:
- Mexican Street Corn makes the perfect barbecue side.
- This Frozen Playhouse will keep kiddos entertained for hours.
- Adults will can enjoy tasty Boozy Ice Pops for the perfect way to keep cool.
- This Mango Moscato is the perfect way to unwind after a long day.
- This Costco Cake Hack is pure genius for any wedding or celebration.
- Cauliflower Pasta is the perfect way to sneak in some veggies.
- Check out this Disney Christmas Castle from Costco!
- Look at these Ceramic Pumpkins from Costco!
- For a different kind of hot cocoa fun, see these eyeball hot cocoa balls from Costco!
- See this beach wagon from Costco, now available on Amazon!
- You’ve gotta come check out this pop up abco sport tent!