Let’s make a spooky paper Jack O Lantern craft with the kids!
Make our easy Jack O’Lantern craft with kids this Halloween. The best part is no paper pumpkin jack o’lantern will look the same.
I made this paper pumpkin jack o’lantern craft with three and four-year-olds at school. It was such a quick and easy craft for them to do and they needed very little assistance.
How DO YOU make a paper jack-o-lantern?
This paper pumpkin craft is perfect for preschoolers who will use fine motor skills to tear construction paper to decorate their jack o’lantern.
Related: 30 Easy Pumpkin Crafts for Kids
Supplies needed to make our paper jack o’lantern craft
- Construction paper in black, brown, green, and orange
- Glue stick
- Googly eyes
Instructions for making our paper jack o’lantern craft
Using your fingers, tear small pieces of orange construction paper. Use the glue stick to glue these torn pieces onto the black construction paper until it’s almost covered. Leave just enough uncovered so that you can make a spooky mouth and nose for your pumpkin.
Jack O’lantern craft tip: If you cut your black piece of construction paper in half you can make two jack o’lantern pumpkins.
Tear small pieces of green and brown construction paper to make the stalk and leaf on your pumpkin. Then you can glue the googly eyes into place.
Our finished jack-o-lantern paper craft
- Construction paper in black, green, brown, and orange
- Googly eyes
- Cut the black construction paper in half to make 2 pumpkins.
- Tear pieces of orange construction paper using your fingers and then glue them over the black construction paper. Leave a couple of spaces for the mouth and nose.
- Tear pieces of green and brown construction paper for the stalk and leaf of your pumpkin.
- Glue the googly eyes into place.
More Jack O’Lantern crafts from Kids Activities Blog
- Easy paper plate jack o’lantern feelings pumpkin craft
- Make a mini jack o’lantern with our free printable
- Sew a jack o’lantern bag for trick-or-treating
- Preschool coffee filter jack o’lantern craft
- Cute and easy DIY jack o’lantern treat boxes for Halloween
- This jack o’lantern sensory bag is perfect for little fingers
- Make these spooky jack o’lantern luminaries
Have you made our construction paper Jack O Lantern?