If you are looking for how to make a reindeer out of toilet paper rolls, you have come to the right place! We have three different variations for you to choose (or modify).
It didn’t seem right just to choose ONE toilet paper roll Reindeer.
You can never have too many ideas for Christmas crafts for kids. <–We have over 100 right there!
Toilet paper roll crafts are so adorable and easy. We love that it is an easy way to upcycle toilet paper rolls from home. If you think that is gross, you can purchase “craft rolls” that are the same size and shape or cut down a paper towel roll.
Make a Toilet Paper Roll Reindeer 3 Ways…
I have mentioned before Rory’s love for Reindeer, especially Rudolph. As the Christmas season approaches and she sees them in stores, her fondness for them grows and grows. Although we have already made some Reindeer with our handprints, we decided to make more to put around the house.
Materials Needed for DIY Toilet Paper Roll Reindeer:
- toilet paper rolls (or craft rolls)
- eyes – drawn or googly
- scrap paper
- pipe cleaners, twigs or craft paper
- item for a red nose – pom pom
- marker or crayon for a mouth
- optional: bells or other decorations for reindeer collars
Toilet Paper Roll Rudolph Craft #1
This is actually my favorite Rudolph…don’t tell the others!
To make the simplest of the three Reindeer crafts:
- Paint the toilet paper or craft rolls brown
- Add eyes (or googly eyes)
- Add a red pom pom for a nose
- Draw in a simple smile
- Glue twigs for antlers.
The antlers could be big or small depending on the tree population around your home!
Toilet Paper Roll Reindeer Craft #2
To make this reindeer, you can squeeze two reindeer out of one toilet paper roll. Or like 5 out of a paper towel roll!
To make the shortest of the three Reindeer crafts:
- Cut the toilet paper or craft roll in half
- Glue a brown pipe cleaner around the top and bottom of the roll
- Glue on googly eyes and a red nose pom pom
- Fashion antlers out of craft paper and glue inside top of roll
- Create a mouth and rosy cheeks with red crayon or marker
I love looking at these together and choosing which steps I want to include into my reindeer craft…
Toilet Paper Roll Rudolph Craft #3
This cutie has the most work involved, but I love how simple circles cut out of paper can create such a cute expression on Rudolph’s face.
To make the paper-est (totally a word) of the three Reindeer crafts:
- Cover the toilet paper roll with brown craft paper and glue in place.
- Cut out circles for eyes – larger white, smaller black
- Cut out an oval for nose piece
- Glue on the eyes and nose paper pieces and then add the pom pom red nose.
- Cut ears from same brown paper that covered roll and glue in place
- Smoosh the top of the roll a little and cut out antlers then glue
- Add a red collar with a piece of red craft paper
Isn’t he the cutest reindeer of them all?
More Holiday Reindeer Crafts
We hope you enjoy this cute Christmas craft for kids. For more creative craft ideas and other Christmas activities, take a look at these ideas:
- Reindeer handprint art you can make and create cards!
- A huge collection of reindeer craft and art projects for kids
- Paper reindeer craft made out of paper plates
- If you love reindeer, you will adore these simple DIY Christmas party favors
- Make a simple cardboard reindeer from a box
- Easy to make reindeer party favor
Happy holiday crafting!