Mickey Mouse is one of my favorite childhood characters, and that’s why I’m so excited to share with you this step by step how to draw Mickey Mouse tutorial!
Just like with our other how-to-draw tutorials, this Mickey Mouse drawing tutorial includes three pages that you can print and give to your little ones, so they can use them as a guide.
HOW TO DRAW MICKEY MOUSE Step by step
Let’s learn how to draw Mickey Mouse! His large ears and big smile are loved by kids everywhere in the world, so this tutorial is perfect for everyone, including young kids and adults.
We believe learning how to draw Mickey Mouse is a great holistic activity, as it helps kids develop several cognitive areas, such as:
- Helps kids increase their imagination
- Enhance their fine motor and coordination skills
- Develop a healthy way of displaying their emotions
- and it’s just so much fun!
mICKEY MOUSE drawing Easy steps
Follow Minnie’s instructions to learn how to draw Mickey Mouse step-by-step tutorial and you will be drawing your own in no time!
First, draw a circle to make Mickey’s head.
Add another two circles on top. These will be Mickey’s ears.
Add an oval on the bottom.
Draw two circles on each side of the oval.
Add two more ovals for the eyes, and a curved line to connect the shapes. Erase extra lines.
Draw ovals to make the eyes and the nose. We’re almost done!
Add arched lines to make the smile.
Let’s add details! Draw arched lines to outline the nose and to make the tongue.
Congratulate yourself for drawing such a good Mickey Mouse!
Wow, good job! Get your crayons and give Mickey Mouse some color!
Download this Mickey Mouse drawing Tutorial PDF FILE:
How did your Mickey Mouse drawing turn out?
mickey mouse drawing supplies
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
- Don’t forget a pencil sharpener.
- (Optional) Pencil Sharpener
- Start by drawing a circle that will be the foundation of Mickey Mouse's head.
- Add two smaller circles, one on each side overlapping the large circle slightly for Mickey's Mouse ears.
- In the center of the large circle at the bottom, make a vertical oval shape.
- On each side of the oval create two identical circles overlapping the outside of the original circle shape just a little. Erase the extra lines to create Mickey's mouth area.
- Add two smaller vertical oval shapes with smaller ovals inside touching the bottom for Mickey's eyes and then a horizontal oval shape for Mickey's nose.
- Add an arched line to make the smile.
- Add details like Mickey's tongue, wrinkle under eyes above nose and mouse hairline.
More How To Draw
You can find LOADS of super fun coloring pages for kids & adults here. Have fun!
More drawing fun from Kids Activities Blog
- How to draw a leaf – use this step-by-step instruction set for making your own beautiful leaf drawing
- How to draw an elephant – this is an easy tutorial on drawing a flower
- How to draw Pikachu – OK, this is one of my favorites! Make your own easy Pikachu drawing
- How to draw a panda – Make your own cute pig drawing by following these instructions
- How to draw a turkey – kids can make their own tree drawing by following along these printable steps
- How to draw Sonic the Hedgehog – simple steps to making a Sonic the Hedgehog drawing
- How to draw a fox – make a beautiful fox drawing with this drawing tutorial
- How to draw a turtle– easy steps for making a turtle drawing
- See all of our printable tutorials on how to draw <–by clicking here!
Discover even more How to Draw activity resources
1. The Big Drawing Book
By following the very simple step-by-steps in this fun drawing book you can draw dolphins diving in the sea, knights guarding a castle, monster faces, buzzing bees, and lots, lots more.
2. Drawing Doodling and Coloring
An excellent book filled with doodling, drawing and coloring activities. On some of the pages you’ll find ideas for what to do, but you can do whatever you like.
3. Write and Draw Your Own Comics
Write and Draw Your Own Comics is full of inspiring ideas for all kinds of different stories, with writing tips to help you on your way. for kids who want to tell stories, but gravitate toward pictures. It has a mix of partially-drawn comics and blank panels with intro comics as instructions – lots of space for kids to draw their own comics!
More Mickey Mouse & Disney Crafts From Kids Activities Blog
- How to make Mickey Mouse tie dye shirts.
- Check out these 55+ Disney crafts!
- You’ll love these awesome Disney printable coloring pages.
How did your Mickey Mouse drawing turn out? Comment below, we’d love to hear from you!