Get ready to spice up your summer while celebrating Shark Week too. Yay!
Today we will learn to read sight words with these cool Shark week sight words activities!
These Sight Word Activities are perfect to do when your kids need screen-free time. Knowing how to read sight words helps to improve kids’ reading skills and understand the word they are reading.
What are sight words?
Sight words are words that young children are encouraged to memorize as a whole by sight because they occur frequently in their reading and writing. They are also words that kids can’t sound out so they have to learn them by sight rather than decoding them.
Sight word games and sight word activities are just some of the ways to motivate young learners to practice reading common high-frequency words by sight.
Learn to read with shark sight word games
Make your afternoon the funnest one with our hands-on preschooler activities! And if you are on the look-out for creative ways to keep your older kids learning with materials you already have at home, check out our list of school activity for kids.
Stuck at home? It doesn’t have to be boring! There are school things to do at home that will bring your kids hours of family fun. The best part is that many of them are free!
Shark week sight word activities
Our sight words activities are completely free. All you have to do is download our worksheets, grab some crayons and let your kid find and circle the sight words in the picture!
Download here: Shark week sight word activities
Shark Facts for Kids
- Shark Books: The Ultimate Shark Book for Kids
- Shark Lady: The True Story of How Eugenie Clark Became the Ocean’s Most Fearless Scientist
- Super Shark Encyclopedia
- Shark (DK Eyewitness Books)
Looking for more Shark Week activities?
- Turn your favorite cereal box into an easy and awesome shark pinata.
- Find ideas to make the coolest shark craft with your little ones.
- Yummy! These shark snacks are delicious!
- Make an adorable origami shark bookmark.
- Kids will love making these shark teeth crafts that you can make together.
- Decorate your fridge with a cool DIY shark magnet.
- Turn a paper plate into a paper shark.
- Enjoy shark week with scary shark treats!
- This shark paper plate is a perfect craft for kids of all ages.
- Here’s more ways to celebrate shark week with shark week coloring pages.
- You’ll be amazed when you hear about sharks in underwater volcano.
- Get artistic and start painting with this adorable shark baby song art kit!
- Yummy! Enjoy this cute shark mac & cheese for lunch.
- Get some crayons and help your kids solve this adorable shark puzzle.
- We have the cutest shark printables to print at home!