Our Summer plans this year involve a lot of time in our backyard. That’s why we’re doing what we can to make our backyard a retreat that the whole family can enjoy. One way to spruce up the yard? With this adorable Happy Camper playhouse!
How to Make this Happy Camper Playhouse
This Camper is a DIY playhouse, so it’s ideal for someone who knows a bit about woodworking. But with Paul Gifford’s thorough plans, including a list of lumber and hardware, it’s totally doable and a great DIY project.
For just $40, you can nab the detailed 43-page step-by-step PDF plan, and it will walk you through how to build the whole thing, from the frame to the windows. The end result looks like something truly magical that your kids are sure to appreciate and love.
When the Happy Camper playhouse is built, your kids will have a two level-play set with 64 square feet of play space. Total dimensions are 14 feet wide, and six feet deep.
Kids will be able to peek out the windows, of which there are five total. A outside ladder also allows them to get to the second floor. As a special add-on, the PDF plan also includes instructions on how to build a rock wall.
Paul’s Playhouse mentions that the Happy Camper plans are for kids age 3-10, in part because the interior is four feet high. If only these campers came in adult size!
Once it’s all assembled, you get to pick what colors to paint it, and if you want some inspiration, you’ll find a ton over on Paul’s Playhouse over on Facebook. You’ll also see how some people spruced up the playhouse even more by adding things like a mini porch. It’s super cute, and I know my kids would love it!
Paul’s Playhouse also features a variety of other plans for some truly unique playhouses.
SOME OF OUR FAVORITE WAYS TO KEEP KIDS BUSY:
- Get kids off technology and back to basics with learning worksheets you can print at home!
- Baby shark coloring pages are perfect for little ones who love the viral Pinkfong song.
- Make being stuck at home fun with our favorite indoor games for kids.
- Coloring is fun! Especially with our Fortnite coloring pages.
- Check out our Frozen 2 coloring pages.
- What’s the best kind of party? A unicorn party!
- Learn how to make a compass and go on an adventure with your kids.
- Create an Ash Ketchum costume.
- Try these fun edible playdough recipes!
- Kids love unicorn slime.
- Make reading even more fun with this PB kids summer reading challenge.
- Set up a neighborhood bear hunt. Your kids will love it!
- Your kids will have a blast with these prank ideas.
- Make coffee filter crafts!
- Easy crafts for kids will save your day.
- Kids will love these fun Halloween games!