Did you know that family traditions act as the glue that keeps families together during the most difficult seasons of life?
Studies on families that survive and thrive show that strong families are the families that practice spend quality time together and have family traditions. Creating family traditions during a pandemic is so important!
Family Traditions During a Pandemic
This post contains affiliate links.
Do you have family traditions? Do they teach your kids a lesson? How do you teach your children about traditions?
Here is a helpful checklist to help in the process:
- Take out a sheet of paper and write the words “Family Traditions” at the top. Ask your family what does family and traditions mean to them?
- Throughout the day, keep it out, and jot down traditions you had, or wish you had, as a child.
- Read Princess Zara’s Birthday Tradition. This book is the perfect story for every girl and boy to learn about a princess’ family tradition! And there are eye opening discussion questions at the end.
- What family traditions do your children love?
- Choose as a family what is one new tradition you would like to begin.
More than likely, you have started spending more time together as a result of what’s happening in the world. More walks, bike rides, exercise, and TV time.
My family has loved dancing to Zumba and shaking things up. Bike rides is our two new favorite words. We are laughing more, and spending time screen free. Eek, I know. Screen free? That is one tradition we want to keep after the “safe at home” time passes. Spending quality face-to-face time. Listening to our kids dreams, thoughts, and questions. And giving back!
Quarantine Reading Fun: Princess Zara’s Birthday Tradition
When Princess Zara wakes up, she thinks it’s going to be another great birthday. Then her parents share an old family tradition with her: spreading the love. Soon, Zara is learning there’s much more to birthdays than cake and presents. This tale, which teaches the true value of giving back, is perfect for bedtime, circle time, or any time!
More About the Author: Dr. Casandra Henriquez
When love eludes you, there is only one woman who can help you capture it—and she is Dr. Casandra “Coach Cass” Henriquez.
An intuitive love coach and matchmaker for successful women with InspireMany.com, Coach Cass sets stages aflame as an in-demand speaker and as a TedX presenter.
The creator of the Love Deck dating conversation cards, her voice has graced the airwaves weekly on the #1 Radio show in South Florida and hosted the television show, Fiscally Fit.
Coach Cass chronicled and featured by Woman’s Day, Fast Company, and Black Enterprise, to name a few. Best Selling Author of Princess Zara’s Birthday Tradition you can often find her relaxing on the beaches of the world with her husband, Andy, and daughter, Ava, jamming to reggae vibes.
Join her in the premiere private community for single professional women www.RealLoveNetwork.com
Fun Things to Do While You’re Stuck at Home
- Check out these kids education websites offering free subscriptions.
- Help your kids learn how to make bubbles at home!
- My kids are obsessed with these active indoor games.
- These crafts for kids are so fun and easy!
- Learn how to make headbands with buttons.
- Make reading even more fun with this PB kids summer reading challenge.
- You won’t believe why parents are gluing pennies on shoes.
- Rawr! Here are some of our favorite dinosaur crafts.
- Get kids off technology and back to basics with learning worksheets you can print at home.
- Make being stuck at home fun with our favorite indoor games for kids.
- Have fun coloring our awesome Fortnite coloring pages.
- Your will love these fun halloween games for kids!
What family traditions are you creating while on lockdown? Comment below!