Twilight fans have been waiting for this moment for more than a decade. Author Stephenie Meyer announced she’s releasing a new book to add to the crazy popular vampire series. The book, entitled Midnight Sun will be available August 4.
In the new Twilight, readers will return to Forks. They’ll also be heading back in time to Bella Swan’s first day of school… but this time we’ll see it all through the eyes of vampire and love interest Edward Cullen.
Through Edward’s eyes, expect to learn a whole lot more about his past. As Meyer suggested, the story is also going to much, much, much darker this time around. After all, Edward has quite the history. And I can’t wait to read it.
Fans have long hoped for a new Twilight book. After all, Meyer herself has teased it multiple times before. In fact, back in 2018, she even released a draft of the first chapter of “Midnight Sun.” When she shared it on her site over a decade ago, she also shared, “there is so much more to his side of the story than there is to Bella’s in that first chapter.”
But then… well, she stopped working on it, and fans were left waiting. And waiting. And waiting.
So why now? Stephenie Meyer told Good Morning America on Monday, May 4:
“It’s a crazy time right now and I wasn’t sure if this was the right time to put this book out, but some of you have been waiting for just so, so long. It didn’t seem fair to make you wait anymore. Sorry about the bad timing. Hopefully this book can be a distraction from the real world… I’m so excited to finally be able to share it with you.”
View this post on Instagram
Fall in eternal love all over again with the entire #Twilight Saga, free on @plutotv! This week, watch a different chapter every night at 8 pm ET on Pluto TV Spotlight (CH 52)* * If you’d rather binge the entire saga, catch a marathon of all five movies every Saturday & Sunday for the rest of April! Link in bio.
She has a good point. Now, more than ever, is a fabulous time to step into an imaginary world. Books give us an incredible escape, and so many of us who loved the original books have been wishing and hoping for a new Twilight book for so long.
JUST IN: 15 years after the first novel in the “Twilight” saga was released, author Stephenie Meyer is bringing readers back to Forks, Washington, with her new book, “Midnight Sun.” Find the details here: https://t.co/IHD4UfAkkI pic.twitter.com/ZY3ZqnBahG
— Good Morning America (@GMA) May 4, 2020
As @kat_tastic tweeted: “twilight and the hunger games were such influential series that made me fall in love with YA back in 2008 and the fact that they’re both going through a 2020 renaissance feels SURREAL but i’m here for it.”
And so are so many other YA readers too. Here’s hoping this new companion Twilight book encourages a whole new generation of readers too.
Stephenie Meyer’s “Midnight Sun” hits bookshelves August 4, 2020.
MORE FUN THINGS TO DO WHILE YOU’RE STUCK AT HOME:
- Check out these kids education websites offering free subscriptions.
- Help your kids learn how to make bubbles at home!
- My kids are obsessed with these active indoor games.
- These crafts for kids are so fun and easy!
- Learn how to make headbands with buttons.
- Make reading even more fun with this PB kids summer reading challenge.
- Coloring is fun! Especially with Easter coloring pages.
- You won’t believe why parents are gluing pennies on shoes.
- Rawr! Here are some of our favorite dinosaur crafts.
- Get kids off technology and back to basics with learning worksheets you can print at home.
- Make being stuck at home fun with our favorite indoor games for kids.
- Have fun coloring our awesome Fortnite coloring pages.
- Your will love these fun halloween games for kids!