Chalk art is getting more and more creative every single time we take walks.
Modeled after sensory halls in many schools, these sidewalk masterpieces encourage walkers to hop, spin, jump, balance, and more as they pass through the course. Just skip the activities where hands have to touch surfaces for the time being.
You can even get creative with the directions–roar and stomp like a dinosaur, touch your toes, do 5 jumping jacks, hop on one foot and then the other! Then watch out your windows as walkers pass to see if anyone tries out your course.
These chalk walk obstacles courses are just as much fun to make as they are to use. Just use your imagination to create one unique to your neighborhood or, if you have art skills, maybe a themed one? The possibilities are endless.
We are excited to create our own in our neighborhoods too. With staying indoors and social distancing, anything to liven up family walks and get kids moving is a great idea, and we’re really hoping to see other people take a try at the one we create too.
FOR MORE STUCK AT HOME RESOURCES:
- Join one of your kids’ favorite authors or illustrators for online story time!
- Travel the world from your couch with this list of 40+ virtual field trips.
- A dozen moms shared how they are keeping sane with a schedule for school at home.
- Let kids explore this virtual Hogwarts escape room!
- Get kids off technology and back to basics with learning worksheets you can print at home!
- Make being stuck at home fun with our favorite indoor games for kids.
- Print out some Frozen 2 coloring pages.
- My kids are obsessed with these active indoor games.
- 5 minute crafts are saving my bacon right now — so easy!
- Impress your “students” with fun facts for kids!