One of the greatest things to come out of us being at home this week has to be seeing people band together to finds ways to keep us and our kids entertained. My favorite thing that I have seen this week is celebrities reading aloud to kids on YouTube, entertaining us on Instagram, posting fun stories on Facebook.
StorylineOnline is a YouTube channel where celebrities like Oprah Winfrey, Chrissy Metz, Kristen Bell, Wanda Sykes, Sarah Silverman and many more read stories that your children will love. Each video also has moving illustrations from the book to keep your children even more entertained.
Kristen Bell reads Quackenstein Hatches a Family written by Sudipta Bardhan-Quallen and illustrated by Brian T. Jones
Oprah Winfrey reads The Hula-Hoopin’ Queen written by Thelma Lynne Godin and illustrated by Vanessa Brantley-Newton
Rami Malek reads The Empty Pot written and illustrated by Demi
Sarah Silverman reads A Tale of Two Beasts written and illustrated by Fiona Roberton
Wanda Sykes reads The Case of the Missing Carrot Cake written by Robin Newman and illustrated by Deborah Zemke
There are many celebrities getting in on this fun virtual story time. You can check out the YouTube channel here.
More Fun Ways to Read to Your Kids
There are lots of other ways to have celebrities or even apps read to your kids. Here are a few of my favorites:
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER AWESOME IDEAS:
- Check out these LEGO organizer ideas!
- Try these easy cookie recipes with few ingredients.
- Make this homemade bubble solution.
- Your kids will love these pranks for kids.
- Check out these fun duct tape crafts.
- Make galaxy slime!
- Play these indoor games.
- Spread joy with these fun facts to share.
- Handprint art will give you all the feels.
- Love these fun games for girls (and boys!)
- Learn and play with these science games for kids.
- Enjoy these simple tissue paper crafts.