One of the comments we get a lot is that you, our readers, are looking for a simple playdough recipe that is safe for toddlers to eat and gluten-free.
Today’s play dough recipe is just that!
This play dough is made from three ingredients, is dairy and gluten-nut-free, easy to make – and safe for kids to eat. Â Much thanks toÂ Powerful Mothering for inspiring today’s post.Â Check out her variation of this edible play dough.
Make Edible Play Dough
Ingredients for Gluten-Free Play Dough
- Â Tub of Whipped Topping.
- 1/2 a box of Cornstarch.
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil.
Dump the whipped topping into a larger bowl.Â Carefully fold the cornstarch into the topping until it is a crumbly mess.Â We used a spatula to fold it together.Â Drizzle the lumps with the olive oil.Â Use your hands at this point to work the dough together until it forms a ball.
Be careful to use a folding motion with stirring.Â We didn’t – there was quite a cloud of cornstarch in the air.
Dusty kitchens are loved kitchens!Â Our kitchen is rarely clean, but we love making memories together.
Boy, oh, boy!Â That dust cloud and the slip it added to the floor is a fun memory.
Your kids will love playing with this delicate dough.Â Our dough was incredibly crumbly, we added some more olive oil to help the dough gel together.Â Our kids didn’t mind the crumbs one bit – those crumbs were reserved for nibbling.Â This is definitely something we could do again with our Gluten-free friends and family.
Other Play Dough Recipes
- Salt Dough Recipe – Create fun keepsakes with this recipe.
- Shining Dough – Transform plain play dough and add some glamor!
- Chocolate Ice Cream Dough – not as tasty, but smells just like a scoop of chocolate!
- 10 MORE ways to Make Play Dough – one of our popular round-ups of activities found around the web.