Add bling to play dough and make it shine. Here are a few fun things for kids to add to play dough. Kids Activities Blog loves finding ways to create new and exciting ways to use everyday play dough for kids.
Make It Shine
Our kids love things that shine and glow… They also love play dough. My makeup drawer happened to have a cracked eyeshadow canister. It’s time to bring some life to old eyeshadow. It’s time to create a batch of super shiny play dough – it’s time to bring some glow to our dough and make it shine!
We grabbed a canister of play dough that was close to the color of our makeup. The kids enjoyed rolling the dough in the clumps of powder. My, oh, my! The finished product was gorgeous play dough. The kids just loved how it shimmered. This dough would be terrific as a gift.
This play dough has “bling”!
Other things you can use to upscale or add some sparkle and shimmer to your play dough for gifts:
- Glitter – use different sizes fine glitter has a completely different look from the coarser or bigger glitter flecks.
- Small beads – push beads into dough and dig them back out again.
- Sequins – decorate a lump.
- Markers. Draw on your dough – it’s a fun way to bring life and brighten dough. It also helps kids who are learning to write.
- Demerara Sugar – This sugar has a really big grain, making it the perfect “Edible glitter” for playdough that young tots will be enjoying.
More Kids Activities
Take your ordinary play dough and make it shine. How have you added bling to your play dough?? For more awesome kids activities with play dough, take a moment and look at these great ideas: