Check out this firework craft! This firework craft is great for kids of all ages whether they are younger children or older children. You only need a few craft supplies to make this craft stick firework craft making it a great budget-friendly craft for Independence day! Enjoy making your very own paint and glitter fireworks at home or in the classroom!
Independence Day is just around the corner! Craft Stick Fireworks Art is the perfect 4th of July craft for kids. It’s easy, sparkly, and fun!
Are you excited to watch the fireworks with your kids? There is nothing better than watching their eyes widen with wonder at the magnificent colors, shapes, and sparkle of fireworks. Bring the fireworks home with this easy and frugal 4th of July art project for kids! Using craft sticks to make fireworks art develops fine-motor skills with a beautiful end result.
This post contains affiliate links.
Related: We have even more sparkly fireworks crafts for you to try!
How To Make This Fireworks Crafts
You will only need a few items to make this patriotic craft. I would advice either having art aprons on hand or have your child wear clothes you don’t mind getting messy. Anything can happen when paint and glitter is involved!
Supplies Needed Make This Firework Craft
Directions To Make This Patriotic Firework Craft
Squirt several different colors of paint onto a paper plate.
Have your kids to dip the sides of their craft sticks into the paint.
Press the side of the craft stick onto the paper, creating a fireworks shape.
Sprinkle the paint with glitter while it is still wet.
Shake off excess glitter, then allow the painting to dry completely before hanging it up.
Finished Fireworks Crafts For Kids
Isn’t it pretty? It’s fun to make in a variety of colors…especially red, white, and blue! Your kids can create some awesome fireworks and enjoy fireworks…but safely. This is such a fun patriotic craft that really any kid can do!
- wooden craft sticks
- paper plate
- black construction paper
- Squirt several different colors of paint onto a paper plate.
- Have your kids to dip the sides of their craft sticks into the paint.
- Press the side of the craft stick onto the paper, creating a fireworks shape.
- Sprinkle the paint with glitter while it is still wet.
- Shake off excess glitter, then allow the painting to dry completely before hanging it up.
More Fourth of July Art for Kids From Kids Activities Blog
Click the links below to view more creative 4th of July ideas for kids.
- 4th of July Painting with a Straw
- Make a Fourth of July Flag Craft
- Fourth of July Jewelry
- DIY 4th of July Shirt Tutorial
- Easy Red, White, and Blue Tie Dye T-shirt
- Fantastic 4th of July Doodles Printable Coloring Page
- 4th of July Facts and History Coloring Pages
- 4th of July Scavenger Hunt
- Free 4th of July Activity Printables
- Check out these red, white, and blue pony bead crafts.
How did your firework craft turn out?